Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesCamerasPro3

Brand New Pro3 Battery Won't Charge. Anyone else have this problem?17883

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
After a couple of mins of what appears to be normal charging, the docking station will flash all red... has happened multiple times.... guess I got a bad one! Anyone else have this issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
I have heard that there is an issue with some of the charging cables, that might be your problem.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MatterFix
I have heard that there is an issue with some of the charging cables, that might be your problem.

Your post reminded me about …

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17558/page/1/matterport-pro3---included-ac-adapter-problems/

And, from this WGAN Forum discussion…

Quote:
Originally Posted by @RichardStanton
Greetings all, apologies that it has been a while since my post on this, however I now have some information to share.

1. When I contacted MP support, after a few back and forth basic triage questions it was deemed to replace the full charging lineup (adapter, cable, battery cradle).
2. The only shipped a replacement cable, and once realized I submitted a query asking what happened to the other items, and if this was now a known issue to be with the cable itself. (at the time I had pretty much assumed that the adapter had to be at fault, I've never seen a cable alone cause that kind of fluctuation before, even when damaged.
3. Cable was received prior to the new adapter, decided to test it anyway... and it worked, much to my surprise.
4. Once the new adapter was in hand as well, decided to make the best of it and do a bank of tests to solidify the findings on the cable being the root cause, and submitted to MP (they seemed unsurprised, which I had been expecting at this point anyway)

Tests done:
Criteria for PASS in the first 4 tests = Battery inserted into cradle under the given test conditions. Cradle LEDs go through a startup cycle. Battery charges
Criteria for FAIL in the first 4 tests = No LED startup cycle, no battery charge, no response
Criteria for PASS in the last 4 tests = Stable 20V delivery
Criteria for FAIL in the last 4 tests = No stable 20V delivery

* Tested the new cable with the old adapter: PASS
* Tested the new cable with the new adapter: PASS
* Tested the old cable with the old adapter: FAIL
* Tested the old cable with the new adapter: FAIL
* Measured the output of the hot end of the old cable / old adapter : 1-5V fluctuation, bouncing to 0V at a steady cadence: FAIL
* Measured the output of the hot end of the old cable / new adapter : 1-5V fluctuation, bouncing to 0V on a steady cadence: FAIL
* Measured the output of the hot end of the new cable / old adapter : 20V Steady at the hot end: PASS
* Measured the output of the hot end of the new cable / new adapter: 20V Steady at the hot end: PASS

@Everly I would be curious to see if you end up with the same results, so please do let us know. From what I can infer from this whole thing, however, is that it's most likely a very known issue, and that the cable is also most likely the root cause in said cases.

The workaround of a universal AC adapter that can supply the proper 20V DC at at LEAST 1.5A is a solid stand-in while working to get things righted. Just remember the rules of power adapters. NEVER EVER play around with the Voltage requirements, too little or too much voltage can damage your device. Amps, however, you have more flexibility - Amps are fed on demand, so a 20V 3amp adapter can feed a device that needs 20V and 1.5amps with no issues, the device only gets as much power as it needs. This remains true as long as the amp requirement is less than or equal to the capability of the adapter's output. Do NOT go below the required amps, however, or you also risk damaging your device by starving it for power. e.g., powering a 20V 1.5A device with a 20V 1.0A adapter = Don't do it, powering a 20V 1.5A device with a 20V 1.5A or higher Adapter = OK) I would also suggest avoiding no-name Ali-Express type adapters unless you have the equipment to test the output yourself first to ensure it's stable, and that it is delivering what is advertised.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101749 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?