Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPadiPad ProNewsQuestion of the DayQuestions

Will iPad with M2 Chip Enable Faster Matterport Scanning & larger models?17671

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day (All)

Will iPad with M2 Chip Enable Faster Matterport Scanning, Transfer and larger models?

Hi All,

Will iPad with M2 Chip Enable Faster Matterport Scanning, Transfer and larger models?

Apple News (18 October 2022) Apple introduces next-generation iPad Pro, supercharged by the M2 chip

M2 features an 8-core CPU — up to 15 percent faster than M1 — with advancements in both performance and efficiency cores, and a 10-core GPU, delivering up to 35 percent faster graphics performance for the most demanding users. Combined with the CPU and GPU, the 16-core Neural Engine can process 15.8 trillion operations per second — 40 percent more than M1 — making iPad Pro even more powerful when handling machine learning tasks. The M2 chip also features 100GB/s of unified memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — and supports up to 16GB of fast unified memory, making multitasking and working with large assets even more fluid.

The performance of M2 turbocharges even the most demanding workflows, from photographers editing massive photo libraries and designers manipulating complex 3D objects, to ...

Source: Apple

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
If in an upgrade cycle it may be worth it but, owning a M1 iPad Pro I do not see this as enough of an upgrade for me

Tougher call would be on the entry level iPad vs the iPad Mini iPad mini has a faster chip however less screen real estate
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
It’s not going to speed up the scan time or the time it takes to transfer the image to the capture device. It might speed up alignment, but with an M1 it only takes one or two seconds to align anyway, so I can’t see much advantag.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
On my Ipad Pro 2020 alignment takes about 5 seconds and I believe that the only time a new iPad model can improve. However even if a new model can do alignment in 1 second which I believe is unreal it is only saving 4 seconds on total of 34 seconds(30 seconds spin, 5 seconds transfer and 5 sec alignment). It does not look big that much even though it saves 10% time.

More Ram is great but again I could do 1200 scans models easy with my Ipad so I do not know if that part is still a great reason to replace my iPad
Post 4 IP   flag post
101636 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?