Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport Classic Pricing

Classic Account Holders Skipped Over... Again?17575

Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like the new Views feature won't be available for Classic Accounts.

Any MPs who've used it... are Classic Accounts missing out?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it’s not available for classic accounts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages this company is a clown car on fire really they are a joke.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard

I agree, with the current business model (platform lock-in) and with those extremely high annual hosting fees, Matterport is more and more becoming just an option to consider, than the platform to build a business on.

When classic plans should be turned off and my paid processing fees will be cashed-in by Matterport, I will simply turn off my business with them instead of moving from eg. 1.200 per year to 7.500 per year for hosting.

They need to rework their business model and focus on their customers. Customers are those who pay the bills and this is us. If customers are willing to pay a processing fee in exchange for lower hosting fees, then Matterport should offer this instead of forcing customers into their one-fits-nobody business model.

They should learn from Steve Jobs:

Post 4 IP   flag post
@MeshImages Profit over people is what these guys have always been doing, they don't care about us at all. That is why I stopped going on their forum on Facebook, it's like a brainwashing forum. Cancel culture, they just sweep things under their rug, and keep the investors happy, Hi investors without us there will be no Matterport, ever thought of that.

I laughed at these new MSPs that just say they don't care what Matterport do, they just focus on their cheap business models and work like dumb slaves.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ittam private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget they now own the largest VT provider in the country (VHT) so they no longer need you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
That's total BS!!! Classic accounts are paying customers just like anyone else and should be able use all the features that are available.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm caving in and opening up my options by getting the Pro3 and a new account, and will keep my classic plan for the bulk of my shoots. Time to charge clients for hosting is upon us, especially MP models.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@ittam And why do we care? Look at the website, looks like a low-budget company. Matterport competing with their own customers how dumb is that? If clients want cheap tours go with VTS, time is money so if you want to scan for pennies then please do and stay poor.

Think it is time for our "spring", time to uprise and take this BS anymore. But if you are sheep then suck on Matterports pacifier and don't complain. I don't know why the MSP's are so scared of Matterport, who has ever been scared of a Cartel?

The head of the EMEA region admitted that they are contacting our customers directly, and they signed an NDNA aka toilet paper with Matterport, so they can't disclose how their sales teams are getting our customers' details.

What is happening with the civil class action Lawsuit against Matterport? , wonder also the new T&C and how Mattreport is protecting itself and shafting us again.

But sad to say have 5 x Pro 3 on order, this is the irony in its most extreme form. But we disclose to our clients, they don't own the content ever, does not matter what they paid us for it, Matterpor owns their data and privacy. And also when we delete the tours, Mattreport still keep them. I love to be transparent and honest with clients and also not charge them hosting fees ever.

I find it funny, that not one single Matterport executive is commenting on this forum as they know they will get cricified, so they run the cancel culture Facebook, where they can control the narrative.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Two things:

1- You Classic Account guys understand that new plans have "free" processing, right? If you do 20 scans a month, the processing fees would be $380 minimum, no? And if you do a lot of larger houses, it would likely be $500+. Am I wrong? And how much does it cost to carry 300 scans?

2- Also- If you're not charging for hosting, I really have to wonder why?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding hosting, we currently collect over $5000/year for hosting and it goes up every year.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
No need to struggle about the classic account and the current account.
You need both of them.
You should have a USD49.00 per month classic account to store your showcases at the LOWEST STORAGE COST and have a current USD69.00 per month account for FREE PROCESSING and FREE STORAGE for your archived showcases.

Matterport is kind enough on keeping the existing classic account can be renewed every year and keeping the transfer path of showcases opening from current account to classic account.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP Matterport has mentioned many times already that jobs done with a Pro3 cannot be hosted or processed on classic accounts. So classic plans should still work only with pro2, blk360 and supported 360 cameras but not with a Pro3.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Expertise I don't charge hosting, as a charge a premium for the tours and give my clients the value, not like some cheap British company charging pennies to scan and think after a month they can screw clients over by charging very high BS hosting fees.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Pro3 is used for some outside capture or very big project from the news page, you can open a dedicated account for that.
Pro2 can work for most cases in the past few years and I believe it will keep going.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101636 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?