Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BetaCapture AppiExplorerProblemsTransfer Space

Warning - Do not use the new "jobs" feature to import models17496

kaliforniatuffy private msg quote post Address this user
Currently in the midst of a nightmare due to Matterport's new beta features, which are virtually useless.

I was using one device (a rented iPad pro) and needed to get the original model back onto my own iPad device so I used the new "jobs" feature in the Capture app.

Big mistake.

When it imported the uploaded model onto my device, it basically ruined it completely. There are HUGE black areas where there should not be. Areas that were completely fine in the original upload. The model still needed more editing, which is why I attempted to import it so that I could continue editing on my device. I also made a backup .zip file as a precaution, but that too is useless. The app does absolutely nothing when I click on "import from .zip file". Nothing imports.

This was a 40,000 hotel job. I worked 10 hour days this past weekend scanning this site.

I find this company and its constant technology glitches absolutely exasperating.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
What camera are you using?

I use iExplorer to back up my captures. Theoretically, this would also allow me to transfer to a different iPad.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH Pro 2
Post 3 IP   flag post
If you still have the rented iPad, you should be able to plug it into a computer and using iExplorer copy all the matterport data onto your hard drive. Then go to your iPad and copy it all in. No promises but it should work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH It has been returned, or obviously I would be using it now to edit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Of course! Sorry.
What happens if you open the ZIP file in Explorer or Finder? Can you see sub folders, Sweep Processor Data, and the swl files?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH Yes, all of that is there.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Edit: I should have said do not use the new "spaces" feature on the app to import.

Also, the .zip file suddenly decided to work. Thankfully, this version of the model is not totally degraded and destroyed. In any case, DO NOT use "spaces" to import a job, unless you want a destroyed version of your model. Using the restore from a .zip file is the better way to go.

The "spaces" import feature should come with a warning from Matterport, but all they can ever say is "well it's in beta mode". That is not a good excuse.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101646 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?