Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LidarNewsPro3Pro3Leak

Leaked: Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner 1st Reported by WGAN Forum17267

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Source Public around Noon ET Thursday, 11 August 2022 | Removed as of 1:15 pm ET Thursday, 11 August 2022

Video: 124. Leaked: Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner 1st Reported by WGAN Forum; Reseller Likely Jumps the Gun | Video courtesy of www.WGAN-TV.com | Thursday, 11 August 2022

WGAN Forum Podcast | Episode Number 124

Leaked: Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner 1st Reported by WGAN Forum Member @RealityMediaMix
Matterport Reseller Likely Jumps the Gun; Matterport Pro3 Page Removed from Reseller's Website

Hi All,

According to the now-removed webpage for the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner/Camera is: "The best priced 3D Camera to provide speedy capture and accelerate project completion with ease."

Here are the specs, according to the now removed webpage.

1. Outdoor Capture - Scans indoor and outdoor to capture entire properties in a single, high-quality model – even in full sunlight.

2. Long Range – Long-range performance allows for better, easier scanning of expansive spaces.

3. Dependable Accuracy – High accuracy laser scanner provides more precise measurements and higher fidelity 3D models.

4. Fast Scans – Faster scan times combined with greater scan range results in significant time-savings for larger properties. Scan 4X faster in extra large spaces and outdoor.

5. Professional Imagery – Professional photo resolution and color quality with unlimited 4K print quality photography.

6. The Best Price-Performance Mix – a fraction of the price of similarly-performing capture devices.

7. High Accuracy (0.2% devision) plus or minus 20mm (Pro2 deviation plus or minus 1%)

8. Sensor Range – 20 meters (66 feet) (Pro2 4.5 meters: 15 feet)

Since Matterport did its 2Q22 Fiscal Results announcement yesterday – Wednesday, 10 August 2022 – that might have been a time to make this Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner/Camera announcement.

So, I could imagine that the earliest that the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner will be announced will be Monday, August 15, 2022. That said, Matterport usually distributes their media releases on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Your thoughts?

Dan Smigrod
Founder and Managing Editor
We Get Around Network Forum
www.WGANForum.com

---

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

1. Tagged: Pro3 | LiDAR |
2. Matterport Pro3 Camera/Scanner leak?
3. Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Specs?
4. Why Matterport will Build/Sell a Leica BLK360 Clone for Less Than $7,500
Post 1 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
A dream come true....but wait - am I awake? Curious why a UK site would have a spreadsheet and image like that...grabbed a screen capture just to look at it with morning coffee!
Post 2 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious after seeing the image of it, what size it is compared to the Pro1/Pro2. If it's smaller that makes it better but if its of similar size, it better have a killer battery that can last forever.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@coulee360 I would just like to see a removable battery weather it bigger, smaller or same size.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

"Matterport Pro3" Google Search Results includes this Matterport Support item (above). That's as of 9:03 am ET Friday, 12 August 2022.

The Matterport Pro3 link points to this Matterport Support page (with no mention of the Matterport Pro3).

When I used the Matterport search box for "Pro3" or "Matterport Pro3" ... no results.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My impression is that Matterport publishes fewer Matterport media releases and does fewer Matterport blog posts prior to major announcements.

Lately, there have been fewer Matterport media releases and blog posts.

Perhaps we will see a Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera Media Release the week of 30 August or Matterport is waiting for after the Labor Day holiday weekend and will announce on Tuesday, 6 September 2022 or Wednesday, 7 September 2022?

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched a webinar on AEC and Amir teasered the next webinar following a major media release coming soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MeshImages

Great catch! Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
Let me order a Pro2 today, then the Pro3 will come out a couple months later.

That's what happened years ago when I bought my Pro1.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@coulee360

Oh gosh. Wish it was better news.

Tip: How to Get 60 Days to Return a Purchase of a Matterport Pro2 Camera

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101735 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?