Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LiDARPro3Pro3LeakQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Specs?17265

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day (All)

Source

Video: 124. Leaked: Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner 1st Reported by WGAN Forum; Reseller Likely Jumps the Gun | Video courtesy of www.WGAN-TV.com | Thursday, 11 August 2022

WGAN Forum Podcast | Episode Number 124

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Specs?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Thursday, 11 August 2022:

Your thoughts about Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Specs?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Thanks to WGAN Member @RealtyMediaMx for being first to spot the page (above) with the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Scanner/Camera around 12:30 pm ET Thursday, 11 August 2022. The page was no longer visible, as of 1:22 PM ET Thursday, 11 August 2022.

P.P.S I just searched Globe Newswire for any Matterport Pro3 news. No news as of 1:15 pm ET Thursday, 11 August 2022.

Since Matterport did its 2Q22 Fiscal Results announcement yesterday (Wednesday, 10 August 2022), that might have been a time to make this announcement. So, I could imagine that the soonest that the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner will be announced will be Monday, August 15, 2022. That said, Matterport usually distributes their media releases on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I would need to see real world tours with this camera and need to know pricing of both the camera and if Matterport will intend to charge the Classic plan holders more per model to process tours with this new camera
Post 2 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
I hope the price will be in the Pro2 range
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Capture time would also be a big question. How long per scan position will this new camera take?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

That page has since been removed
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Could be a 1 inch sensor behind this lens. Better image quality in lowlight conditions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
This is probably the reason why MP have their new E57 point clouds to buy.

in preparation for the Pro3 cameras which possibly will give more 'serious'(accurate?) point clouds for the AEC market (vs the realtors) .

Like the days of Kodak. Buy the camera, pay to get the film developed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Dan please move it to the relevant thread if needed.

I had another look at the specs and it got me thinking what actual range a Pro3 has for 3D tours

If you look at their specs they say 100 meters & then mention it is a range available for e57 file ONLY. If we look at a sample tour it seems it works at about 8 meters distance between the scans but will it work at 10/25/50m and will it cover minimap that far away with data from each scan?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan for moving it here. Also if you get an acceleration pack keep in mind that Matterpacks and e57s included are only valid for 12 months. This is very weird as you are paying extra for them and why they need to have an expiration date I do not know.

P.S. It seems I will be waiting for a cheapest bundle to arrive to Australia in 2023. My idea to get an acceleration pack now as they are only ones available in Australia under leasing programme has failed. See this thread for details of the lease offered.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, while I was figuring about a lease with Australian reseller I also asked about a Pro3 range for scanning for a 3D tour.
I have been told that a scan can generate about 18-20m coverage on a minimap. Far away from 100m supplied with e57 files but it is still very impressive.

Since I've got lease terms wrong I will need to think till Monday about going with a lease programme. If I go for it and most likely I am going to go for it I should get a camera at the beginning of October. When I have it I will do some tests and compare a Pro 3 with a BLK360.
Post 10 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
>This is very weird as you are paying extra for them and why they need to have an expiration date I do not know.

Common practice for buying services in advance especially if it has a discount...
service provider will want to limit liability. hence if u dont use the service by X date, it expires.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101709 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?