Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasLeakLiDARNewsPro3Pro3Leak

Matterport Pro3 Camera/Scanner leak?17264

GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
I had found a page where it was for sale in Portugal for 5,695 Euros. But now it has been pulled
But here's a spec sheet

file:///C:/Users/gamel/Downloads/Pro3_Technical%20Specifications.pdf
Post 76 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Mistakes happen ~ Zhiyun had done this earlier this year with several of their gimbals.

I am not saying the announcement couldn't happen the beginning of the month but, that date range also coincides with Apple's event
Post 77 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamelLarry
I had found a page where it was for sale in Portugal for 5,695 Euros. But now it has been pulled
But here's a spec sheet

file:///C:/Users/gamel/Downloads/Pro3_Technical%20Specifications.pdf

@GamelLarry

Help please.

I do not know how to open that link.

Dan
Post 78 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

$5,695 Euros = $5,693 USD

Dan
Post 79 IP   flag post
I was able to save it before it was pulled. I wish I had grabbed the webpage. But here's the download
Post 80 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
I was able to save it before it was pulled. I wish I had grabbed the webpage. But here's the download

Cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 81 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

for large spaces it sounds like you will need to bring the charger and or another camera

Battery >220 scans assuming continuous. consecutive scans
Post 82 IP   flag post
I can see buying additional batteries. But that is great for large spaces. I'm excited about the release and look forward to it. I wish I would have known earlier in the year before buying the Leica BLK360 though.
Post 83 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

Thanks! What else can you tease out of this one sheet?

Dan
Post 84 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
I can see buying additional batteries. But that is great for large spaces. I'm excited about the release and look forward to it. I wish I would have known earlier in the year before buying the Leica BLK360 though.

@GamelLarry

Can you buy and swap batteries?

Dan
Post 85 IP   flag post
They showed a package that was similar to the Leica mission kit with an additional battery, so I'm assuming someone can buy additional ones.
Post 86 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
@DanSmigrod

Mistakes happen ~ Zhiyun had done this earlier this year with several of their gimbals.

I am not saying the announcement couldn't happen the beginning of the month but, that date range also coincides with Apple's event

@lilnitsch

Ah! Yes! Apple event 1 pm ET Tuesday, 7 September. I can't imagine Matterport announcing on Tuesday, 7 September. That leaves Tuesday, 6 September (if Matterport is going to announce the week of Labor Day.

Now that two (2) official Matterport Resellers have pre-maturing gone live with official looking Matterport marketing materials, I can't imagine that Matterport wants to delay. They can always announce publicly without announcing when they will begin shipping (if they are having supply chain issues).

I could imagine that Matterport would spin that the Pro2 and Pro3 do not compete because they address difference use cases.

Dan
Post 87 IP   flag post
mdesigns private msg quote post Address this user
it's still listed in the description of the updated Matterport iOS app...would they possibly make an announcement tomorrow or require heads up notice?
Post 88 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesigns
it's still listed in the description of the updated Matterport iOS app...would they possibly make an announcement tomorrow or require heads up notice?

@mdesigns

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Yes. Tomorrow, Tuesday, 30 August 2022 is a possibility. I could imagine that Matterport was planning to announce after the Labor Day Holiday, but Apple boxed them out of that and, perhaps, have moved up the announcement to tomorrow!

Dan
Post 89 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@mdesigns

Keep in mind that the Pro3 is only in the Beta Capture App for testing it has yet to make it to the public release of the Capture App
Post 90 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Well I was not aware of that, however I see it in the description of the apple store LIVE capture app that was updated to version 5.0 today. Actually they just updated it to 5.0.1. But the description was updated 5 hours ago.
Post 91 IP   flag post

Post 92 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mdesigns

thanks for sharing that!

That's v5.0

Then Matterport pushed v5.1 a few hours later. I wonder if that was to "hide" what you just circled

Dan
Post 93 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Post 94 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Matterport is covering their own leak...

Capture app version 5.0 references the pro3 camera. Capture app version 5.0.1 takes away that mention.

Post 95 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
Looks like Matterport is covering their own leak...

Capture app version 5.0 references the pro3 camera. Capture app version 5.0.1 takes away that mention.

Too funny!
Post 96 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:

@mdesigns

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Yes. Tomorrow, Tuesday, 30 August 2022 is a possibility. I could imagine that Matterport was planning to announce after the Labor Day Holiday, but Apple boxed them out of that and, perhaps, have moved up the announcement to tomorrow!

Dan

@mdesigns

Given the Pro3 "leak" in the Matterport Capture app update today (Monday, 29 August 2022), I could imagine that there is a very good chance that Matterport will officially announce the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner tomorrow BEFORE the market opens.

Matterport usually makes media releases public at 9:15 am ET: sometimes earlier. If it does make this announcement Tuesday, 30 August 2022, I will post the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner news release to the WGAN Forum.

Best,

Dan
Post 97 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
According to the screen shot time per scan position appears to be the same Ditto with image resolution, HDR is 5 same as the Pro2 (Pro1 was actually 7), Charge time is down an hour (guessing 1 larger battery instead of 2), Environmental's seem to improved (better low and high temperature tolerances), slightly lighter (guessing less battery) Depth Resolution is an interesting one the new Pro3 is claiming 1.5 Million points per scan whereas the Pro2 claims about 4 million points per pano

There is just so, much oddity here where you really need to wait for some real spec sheets and real world models to compare

My reference page:
https://support.matterport.com/s/article/Matterport-Pro2-3D-Camera-Specifications?language=en_US&ardId=kA05d000001DWzMCAW
Post 98 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
But again, when you're looking at photo resolution if they are not overhauling the editing or download capabilities then the photo resolution makes little to no difference. Looking at early release specs I see nothing that makes me want to run down and buy this camera. But I agree with @lilnitsch and waiting to see what the actual released specs are. But again, if the edit and download features are not also overhauled then 134 MP photo does little to help the real estate photo, 3D model services.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Homepage updated so it's official now!

https://matterport.com/pro3
Post 100 IP   flag post

Post 101 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Inman (30 August 2022) Matterport unveils its most advanced camera to date, the Pro3
Post 102 IP   flag post
Just ordered mine
Post 103 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Homepage updated so it's official now!

https://matterport.com/pro3

Thanks for posting!

Dan
Post 104 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Post 105 IP   flag post
101438 149 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?