Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasLeakLiDARNewsPro3Pro3Leak

Matterport Pro3 Camera/Scanner leak?17264

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod does Matterport even look at this forum? We give them billions of dollars of free grassroots marketing intelligence. I guess we can download the regular 360 scans and that. Bottom line is the average consumer can't tell the difference.
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
@DanSmigrod does Matterport even look at this forum? We give them billions of dollars of free grassroots marketing intelligence. I guess we can download the regular 360 scans and that. Bottom line is the average consumer can't tell the difference.

Post 52 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch I do agree that once you have paid for a product you should own all the rights to the complete data. But as a whole we have been forced to except the product as delivered.

@DanSmigrod I also agree if people knew they were getting the best camera, support and data or end product MP may sell more. Plus, they would not have to worry that people as a whole would not try and modify the data and turn it into something better if it was the best product released.

For me it is hard to continue to buy into the product again. Matterport has not been the head turner in the Seattle area I would hope it would be. If it does have a comeback as a key product, why the Pro2 would not serve the purpose.

Along with the overall lack of support from MP, I have to admit things have gotten a little better. But I will voice the same complaint I have made for years there is no forum supported by Matterport where we get an idea where the company is going.

Recently we have seen the Android APP release with the ability to import 360 Panos from any camera. We saw the release of the Smartphone rotator, but I see there is no clear direction on what the focus is on and now maybe the release of the Pro3.

What is the direction of MP so as a consumer I know the direction they are focused on. So, I know which product to get behind to benefit my business.

Again, to purchase a third camera blindly with the hope it is the best is hard to do, especially when I see so many other products pushing the limits and that if I wait MP will drastically drop the price on the camera itself from the initial release price.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GETMYVR

Yes. Matterport employees read the WGAN Forum.

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Nothing official from Matterport (yet).

Since the link was on Thursday of last week, perhaps the Matterport Reseller jumped the gun by a week. If so, that would mean an announcement by Matterport this Thursday, 18 August 2022.

Dan
1:54 pm ET Tuesday, 16 August 2022
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I am guessing closer to the end of the year if not a slight push into the first part of next year depending on user feedback on the couple of cameras being tested in the field
Post 56 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@DanSmigrod

I am guessing closer to the end of the year if not a slight push into the first part of next year depending on user feedback on the couple of cameras being tested in the field

@lilnitsch

If that is the case, I wonder why Matterport would provide its Matterport Official Resellers with finished/professional artwork for the Matterport Pro3 3D Camera?

Perhaps Matter announces this Thursday, but does not ship until 4Q22 or 1Q23?

That would surprise me because some customers might wait to buy. Matterport Pro3 instead of a Matterport Pro2 now.

Dan
Post 57 IP   flag post
I will just throw this out, maybe to many Pro2’s on hand to successfully launch the Pro3 without impacting current sales of Pro2. Who knows and has MP ever done anything logically.
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

The announcement/ order availability of the AXIS were close together ~ now it also my under that the AXIS also hasn’t been a great seller
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
I will just throw this out, maybe to many Pro2’s on hand to successfully launch the Pro3 without impacting current sales of Pro2. Who knows and has MP ever done anything logically.

If a Pro3 is $7000 it should not be a problem offering it with a pro2 at the same time. It is just too much of a price difference.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV: Matterport Axis Motorized Mount Smartphone Rotator: 1st Impressions | Guests: Gilroy, California-based Dave Avilla, Real Estate Photography and Coldwell Banker Realty Agent | www.CBnorCAL.com | CalDRE # 01075392 and Jeff Nitschke, Owner, CaptureNW covering North Idaho and Eastern Washington State | www.CAPTUREnw.com | Episode #141 | Thursday, 14 April 2022

Quote:
@DanSmigrod

The announcement/ order availability of the AXIS were close together ~ now it also my under that the AXIS also hasn’t been a great seller

Yes. As we discussed - why - in this episode of WGAN-TV Live at 5: (and embedded above)

✓ Matterport Axis Motorized Mount Smartphone Rotator: 1st Impressions

Dan
Post 61 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
If a Pro3 is $7000 it should not be a problem offering it with a pro2 at the same time. It is just too much of a price difference.

@Wingman

Yes. Point taken!

Matterport did not announced the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner this morning (Wednesday, 17 August 2022). That typically would have happened at 9:15 am ET. As I write this, it is 9:22 am ET.

Dan
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987

@lilnitsch

During the Matterport 2Q22 Matterport earnings call on Wednesday, 10 August 2022, Matterport executes said Matterport continues to have supply chain challenges in getting parts to build the Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras (though the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera always seems to be available via Amazon.

Best,

Dan
Post 63 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
I have been checking regularly hoping it would post. I don't understand why some are upset about a price point around 7-10k. If it can do what the leak stated it would be worth the expense. I would much rather have a one and done camera instead of bouncing between the Pro2 and the BLK360.
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Sure, it is much easier if it is just one camera that you need to take on a job. Although having a blk360 in a backpack with you while you are using a Pro2 is much easier than the other way around. And the specs for a pro3 seems good. I would say $10K for a Pro3 is too much but $7K does not seem a lot.

But it is still US$7000 which in AUD even $10000 and if you do not have it you must let something go. I would replace a Pro2 with a Pro3 with no problems to fund purchasing a pro3. A Blk360 though is much harder to let go as it does not need Matterport to work with it. For that reason I probably never want to replace a BLK360 with a Pro3
Post 65 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Ugh!

No Matterport media release distributed at 9:15 am ET today, Thursday, 18 August 2022.

(9:15 am ET is when Matterport typically does its morning media release distribution via Globe Newswire.)

Seems surprising that Matterport would provide - more than a week in advance - a Matterport Reseller with finished artwork to promote the Matterport Pro3 3D Camera (and risk an accidental leak) as happened a week ago on Thursday, 11 August 2022.

Time to wait and see ...

Best,

Dan
Post 66 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod they are watching this thread and in typical MP style they are going to drag it out.😂😂😂😂😂
Post 67 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I had a nice talk to a newcomer in the niche, their camera is identical to the "pro3" leak, their camera is priced at 13,500 usd, so... I bet the Pro3 will not be far from this.
Post 68 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtyMediaMx
@DanSmigrod I had a nice talk to a newcomer in the niche, their camera is identical to the "pro3" leak, their camera is priced at 13,500 usd, so... I bet the Pro3 will not be far from this.

@RealtyMediaMx

Cool, but I am confused.

Did Matterport - or an official Matterport Reseller - sell the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera to your colleague before it was officially for sale?

Dan
Post 69 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod No, I had a conversation with a new Platform provider like Matterport.
They have the same type of business, and their high end camera is a Lidar scanner combined with a single lens image sensor.
They also have a rotator for the cellphone and they accept Z1, the "dollhouse" is not that good but they have other features like AI Virtual Staging.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@RealtyMediaMx can you tell us the name of this company?
Post 71 IP   flag post
Just saw this on a facebook page. I checked my IPad and sure enough there it is. Looks like it won't be long.
Post 72 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GamelLarry

Camera is real ~ it is just a matter of Release date, Availability, Price, & lastly plan support/Pricing
Post 73 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
My understanding is late this year for an announcement however, depending on supply chain this very well could migrate into a 2023 delivery depending on what they have for parts in their warehouses
Post 74 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
My understanding is late this year for an announcement however, depending on supply chain this very well could migrate into a 2023 delivery depending on what they have for parts in their warehouses

@lilnitsch

If the announcement is not going to be Tuesday, September 6 or Wednesday, September 7, 2022 why would Matterport provide approved digital marketing assets so soon (and risk a leak as first uncovered by WGAN Forum Member @RealtyMediaMx

Dan
Post 75 IP   flag post
I had found a page where it was for sale in Portugal for 5,695 Euros. But now it has been pulled
But here's a spec sheet

file:///C:/Users/gamel/Downloads/Pro3_Technical%20Specifications.pdf
Post 76 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Mistakes happen ~ Zhiyun had done this earlier this year with several of their gimbals.

I am not saying the announcement couldn't happen the beginning of the month but, that date range also coincides with Apple's event
Post 77 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamelLarry
I had found a page where it was for sale in Portugal for 5,695 Euros. But now it has been pulled
But here's a spec sheet

file:///C:/Users/gamel/Downloads/Pro3_Technical%20Specifications.pdf

@GamelLarry

Help please.

I do not know how to open that link.

Dan
Post 78 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

$5,695 Euros = $5,693 USD

Dan
Post 79 IP   flag post
I was able to save it before it was pulled. I wish I had grabbed the webpage. But here's the download
Post 80 IP   flag post
101749 149 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?