Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AIArtificial IntelligenceBlenderDatasetFacebookHabitat 2.0How toMatterport MatterPakMeta AIQuestions

How do I paint the annotation color on the Matterport Semantic dataset?17030

Gudiya private msg quote post Address this user
I am using matterport dataset. We scanned the space and uploaded the data to the cloud and then downloaded the data as Matterpork MatterPak bundle.

My end goal is to train the agent for point goal navigation using Facebook's [Meta] Habitat 2.0 AI.

But before I start that. I have been suggested to paint the annotation color onto the mesh and have a text file that will provide the mappings from the colors found on the mesh to the semantic ids/categories, etc.

How to achieve that?

Really appreciate any help
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gudiya

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum and for posting your Matterport dataset question.

Of the 90,000+ WGAN Forum posts, I believe your question is the first around the Matterport dataset for Facebook.

I believe all the documents - and how to use the dataset - are in this Meta (Facebook) Habitat microsite.

Does that help?

Have you tried Matterport Support (support@matterport.com) or Meta Habitat Support?

Additionally, I do not understand the "why" of your question about "how" that would help in your "point goal navigation" ...

Can you ask your question a different way with additional backstory? (A video to show and tell what you are seeking?)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you for the quick reply! I feel I may have confused everyone. Let me restate it.

I have matterport dataset for a house. I have mesh in .obj format . I want to paint the annotation color onto the mesh(bedroom, wall, table lamp..) and have a text file that will provide the mappings from the colors found on the mesh to the semantic ids/categories, etc.

@DanSmigrod Facebook Habitat AI have pretty good documentation but they assume data is labelled.
Hope I made myself more clear now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Gudiya

Thank you for the additional info.

I reached out to long-time WGAN Member @Baezeni to see if Baezeni could help you.

Finn @Baezeni writes:

---

One good and affordable option is he can download the free open source Blender program and open the file. Then can do all the changes and updates and changes of geometry and materials in rooms.

The program also offers high quality rendering in both real time and batch time.

If he need help, he can send the file and info to us and we happy to make it for him.

---

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I really appreciate the help. Yes it is very useful. I tried I feel like learning blender is another skill.If I send you the files will the .glb will be enough or you need the obj with all the corresponding files? Sorry for late reply I was on vacation.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Baezeni

Can you reply here about ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gudiya
I send you the files will the .glb will be enough or you need the obj with all the corresponding files? Sorry for late reply I was on vacation.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?