Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppMirrorPro2Trim ToolWindow

Matterport Capture App very slow when marking windows, mirrors and trim.16949

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing very slow response time when trying to mark windows & mirrors or using the trim tool?

For the last 2 days, when I click add window, mirror or trim to the model, it will be added but every time you try to move it into position, the app freezes for about 15-20 seconds.

I've never seen this before. I don't believe it's an issue with the iPad 12 because it happens on multiple Pro2 cameras and iPad 12s.

Thanks for any help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Yes. Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion from two days ago:

=> Help Please: Matterport "Mark" (Trim Tool) Features not working correctly

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Feels like a traffic jam in the hands of your ipad

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Looks like they’ve acknowledged the problem and claim it’s related to number of models stored on our device.

Their suggestion is to delete models we are no longer using.

Bastards
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Here's what I got from Matterport support this morning.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
If they truly wanted to implement preventative measures. They would bring back that auto update OFF button that allowed us to slightly control when the app was to be updated.

Let their most recent newbie "I'm gonna start a 360 business entrepreneur" get the latest and greatest update. Then cry a day later to everyone about the latest update while shooting on site with a help needed immediately software issue.

The rest of us placebos can sit back and take notes off the control subjects that way.

Thank you for sharing
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I simply do not update the app if an update brings improvements only or has some new features I do not need. My Ipad is stuffed with jobs but I have no problems with any trimming/marking in the Capture app. Probably one of the updates that I have not installed yet comes with some bug related to this problem. So it is not about how much storage left on your IPad. The last few huge jobs I trimmed/marked were done with just free 10GB out of 256GB left. Matterport should really dig deeper for this bug than blaming insufficient storage.

To be honest I could say my capture app had never crashed on me for years until this month. However it is not related to making scans, trimming and uploading. I started experiencing these crashes because I started playing with unsupported cameras(Pilot Era, Insta360 Pro). Some may say it is my fault I am trying to check other cameras but honestly it is not about using these cameras with Matterport. One may want to use an Ipad camera for capture but wants an action cam connected and recording what they are doing. If you use an unsupported camera and connect it to Ipad before opening the capture app it will crash 10 out of 10 times on the app loading just because it tries to connect to a camera using wireless connection of your iPad. To avoid these crashes the app should be open first and then you can connect any 3rd party camera. It does not happen on Android.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
If they truly wanted to implement preventative measures. They would bring back that auto update OFF button that allowed us to slightly control when the app was to be updated.

I cannot remember what I have done but my capture app is not updating on its own. I believe you can do it on IOS level for any app to stop automatic updates and do them only manually.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Has anyone noticed if this problem has been corrected yet. It's still an agonizing slow issue for me and no updates from Matterport.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
The problem has been fixed with Capture version 4.16.1. Here's the email Matterport sent me.

Hi Ross,

My sincere apologies for not being able to get in touch with you sooner. It’s not our usual standard when responding to customer inquiries and we're constantly doing our best to assist everyone's issue in a timely manner.

There was a new Beta version 4.16.1 that was released via TestFlight for testing that might address this issue, and upon working on it, I'm glad to let you know that we're able to resolve the issue.

Our capture engineers are aware of the slowness marking models in Capture version 4.16 for iOS and was able to come up for a fix on version 4.16.1. This is already for general availability. Please download the latest version in the app store by searching Matterport Capture App. It should be available now.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need further assistance. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Warm Regards,
[redacted]

Matterport Support Team
https://support.matterport.com

USA: +1 408 805-3347
UK: +44 157 040 0054
France: +33 1 80 20 78 14
Germany: +49 695 060 7997
Singapore +65 3138 4858
Spain: +34 518 888 665
Italy: +39 014 423 0022
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Thanks for the update.

Hmmmm.... Beta / via TestFlight

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101635 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?