Gear of the Week
---
Video: WGAN-TV Home3D.us Gear Accessories-#2966-Neewer Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod www.WGAN.INFO/11 ($59)($800)

Matterport Gear Tip: Mini Tripod (Including When and Why to Use)

Hi All,

How do you get a great eye-height Matterport scan in a bath tube?

In this WGAN-TV Short Story video (#2966) above, Home3D.us[/url] Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole explain when and how to use Neewer Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod. www.WGAN.INFO/11 ($59)($800)

Got a different mini tripod that you use with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera? Please post below.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

I think we're up to the next item, which is the compact tripod: www.WGAN.INFO/11 $60 Why do you need to have this little tiny tripod?

[01:11:07]
Kevin Dole: There are occasions that come up where a regular tripod is just too big or too small to properly get the Matterport camera where you need it. Couple of odd situations. I've used these often. I do a lot of very high-end homes.

Sometimes these master bathroom suites can be 800-1,000 square feet. I'm not talking about the master suite, I'm talking about the master bathroom suite, just the bathroom part, they're gigantic. They have a Jacuzzi tub, whatever, and places for people to sit around the Jacuzzi tub and so forth.

There are sometimes situations where the tripod is just too big and it's in the way and so you can take the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, put it on here, it's got an ARCA clamp right on the top of it, you put the Matterport camera right on there.

This is a way to get the Matterport camera into a position for data collecting purposes or just for an interesting viewpoint. There have been times, for example, when I've used this to get the view that you'd have if you were sitting in the Jacuzzi.

[01:12:25]
Dan Smigrod: Yes. I completely understand that because I've shot bathtubs. The Jacuzzi was positioned in front of the window, so it's a beautiful view of a vista of some sort.

But I didn't use a tiny tripod, now I realize I should have because I would've done a better job collecting scanned data so I wouldn't end up having a bathtub that looks black because it lacks scan data. Is this tripod, is this sufficient for holding a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera so it's not going to take a spill?

[01:13:00]
Kevin Dole: It is.

[01:13:01]
Dan Smigrod: Eric is nodding yes. No problem.

[01:13:05]
Kevin Dole: I've not taken a spill with it. The legs, you can twist the end and extend them or not. It can go very small or large.

If I have the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, if I need it really down as low as possible like this, then there are clamps so that you can extend these out and spread them further, so that you can get the legs wider. If I'm needing to work really low, then I always spread those legs out closer.

[01:13:32]
Dan Smigrod: This looks great. It's $60. It's a no-brainer, lets you get an amazing shot, the view from the bathtub. Have there been other times other than shooting in the bathtub?

[01:13:44]
Kevin Dole: Yes. I'll tell you, I had to do one car dealership at night. Nobody's there. I was given a key that let me into all these different buildings and so forth master keys. In one service building, there was a parts department connected to the service building, but they had not given me a key to the parts department.

I could get into the service building where all the bays were but I couldn't get into the parts department. They wanted the whole thing scanned, and I got nobody I can call and it's 1 am. But I found that there was an open window through which parts could be passed from the parts department into the service. There was no walk-through door, but there was a window.

That window itself was about four or five feet deep. There was a big counter space so they could throw a muffler up there and slide it out to the service side. I scanned right up to that counter window, then I put the Matterport camera on this little baby and did a couple of scans across the counter.

Then I pushed it out of the way and slid my body through that part of the building, grabbed the tripod and continued from there, but it got me through this little window way.

[01:15:10]
Dan Smigrod: Glad it worked. We're going to call that the tripod to use for bathtubs, because there's not too many times I think the rest of us are going to face that other problem.

[01:15:19]
Kevin Dole: Probably not.
---

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros [31 Gear/Accessories]

WGAN-TV | IMSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

Above is the entire show.

---
Here are all the Tiny URLs (WGAN Affiliate Links)
---

1 WGAN.INFO/1 Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod
2 WGAN.INFO/2 Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels and Carry Bag
3 WGAN.INFO/3 Glide Gear EBR150 15" Extender Riser
4 WGAN.INFO/4 Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
5 WGAN.INFO/5 Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate
6 WGAN.INFO/6 Camco 25573 Bullseye Level
7 WGAN.INFO/7 Kodiak Kuadrant Rechargeable Tactical Lantern with 360 Degree Range
8 WGAN.INFO/8 ZenRich iPad 5th/6th Generation Case, iPad 9.7 Case with Rotatable Kickstand/Shoulder Strap $25
9 WGAN.INFO/9 Wireless Portable Charger
10 WGAN.INFO/10 Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera + GoPro Accessory Bundle
11 WGAN.INFO/11 Neewer 20 inches/50 Centimeters Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod
12 WGAN.INFO/12 SofiHome Premium Heavy Duty Door Stop Rubber Wedge with Decorative Holder (6-pack)
13 WGAN.INFO/13 Insta360 Selfie Stick (1st Generation)
14 WGAN.INFO/14 Insta360 3m 9.8ft Extended Edition Selfie Stick (2nd Generation)
15 WGAN.INFO/15 Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera with Touchscreen - 5.7K30 360 Video
16 WGAN.INFO/16 Hard Case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + iPad and Accessories
17 WGAN.INFO/17 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
18 WGAN.INFO/18 Blue Shoe Guys Professional Grade Disposable Boot & Shoe Covers Booties | 100 Pack
19 WGAN.INFO/19 Larger Binder Clips - Box of 24
20 WGAN.INFO/20 Stanley Torpedo level
21 WGAN.INFO/21 Matterport Axis Rotator (Training Wheels for Matterport)
22 WGAN.INFO/22 GemTune DY-60i Leveler
23 WGAN.INFO/23 Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear
24 WGAN.INFO/24 New Trent iPad 9th Generation Case, iPad 8th Generation Case, iPad 7th Generation Case
25 WGAN.INFO/25 High Density Foam Insulation Tape Adhesive Rubber Strip, Seal, Door Insulation Foam Tape
26 WGAN.INFO/26 Right Angle Cable: USB3 to USB3
27 WGAN.INFO/27 Right Angle Cable: USD3 to Lightening
28 WGAN.INFO/28 Manfrotto MB MBAG75PN Tripod Bag Padded 75cm (Black)
29 WGAN.INFO/29 Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case - 12 x 11 x 6 Inches
30 WGAN.INFO/30 5 Pairs Reusable Non Slip Shoe Covers, Premium Soft Washable Thickened Boot Shoe Covers
31 WGAN.INFO/31 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter

---

Shop Matterport Gear and Accessories with this WGAN Web App