Gear of the Week
---
Video: WGAN-TV Home3D.us Gear Accessories-WGAN-TV www.Home3D.us Gear Accessories-#2960-Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release www.WGAN.INFO/5 $23

Matterport Gear Tip: Quick Release Clamp

Hi All,

If you are "spinning" the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera on/off the tripod, there is a (much) easier and faster solution.

Above is WGAN-TV Story Story #2960-Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release ($23)

Got an easier and faster way to add the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to a tripod? Please post below.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

This is the Quick Release ARCA Swiss Clamp. www.WGAN.INFO/5 It's $23. You're using this in conjunction with the Neewer leveling base.

[00:33:01]
Kevin Dole: The purpose of this is to place an ARCA clamp on top. It's to add the ARCA clamps which you need for the Matterport camera.

[00:33:12]
Dan Smigrod: Well, Kevin, that's interesting because I have something that's similar. It's called a GemTune. I'll make up a number for this. I'll call it: www.WGAN.INFO/22

[00:33:32]
Kevin Dole: It is the same except that in your case, it's all in one piece.

[00:33:35]
Dan Smigrod: I don't know. Maybe I bought it as two separate pieces and put it together. It's been so long, I just don't remember. I think it's one piece.

Maybe it's sold separately. I think it's one piece, but it's doing the same thing yours is doing.

[00:33:56]
Kevin Dole: Yeah. It is doing the same thing.

[00:33:57]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah, But I think this happens to be one piece. That's interesting. Yours is Haoge. Is that pronounced right? HAOGE? It's called Haoge 64mm, quick release, ARCA Swiss. This is a GemTune: it says DY-60i.

Again, I will add this short link: for www.WGAN.INFO/22 and maybe you could compare the two. I know I've been happy with mine. Sounds like you have been happy with yours. I'm going to guess the combination of the two pieces you have are still less expensive than this.

I know you mentioned Ross Zanzucchi, he had told me about this one a few years ago and this is how I ended up getting.

[00:34:51]
Kevin Dole: That's fine.

[00:34:51]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. Where did I learn about it? We Get Around Network Forum. www.WGANForum.com ... People like us sharing what's working because we're trying to solve a problem. Eric, what are you trying to show us there?

[00:35:08]
Eric Dole: I'm just giving an example of the amount of articulation that you can get out of it.

[00:35:14]
Dan Smigrod: So why not use a ball head instead of this plate and quick release?

[00:35:20]
Kevin Dole: One of the safety features of this as opposed to using a ball head is that its movement is limited to about 10 degrees. Even if you let go of this when it's loose, it doesn't tip enough that it can knock over the tripod.

[00:35:42]
Kevin Dole: Tighten that up. There are ball heads such as on this mini-tripod that we sometimes use. This has got a typical ball head and it has a lot of movement. If that came loose, it would knock over your whole rig and take the camera down with it. Because of the amount of movement that it has.

[00:36:00]
Dan Smigrod: I would add that there are many professional real estate photographers that swear by a ball heads that they have been using a DSLR camera; then go buy a Matterport Pro2 thinking that they're going to do the same quick movement.

I would add the same caution that you have. Matterport adds the same caution. If you're a professional photographer and you're totally used to using a ball head and that's working for you, okay, be super-careful.

But for anyone else that's thinking about how to quickly change the articulation of the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, get the solution that Kevin and Eric are showing and that may save you thousands of dollars in not having your Matterport camera tip over and break. If it does, we do have a We Get Around Network Forum that will give you a deal on repairing your Matterport Camera, but that's not where you want to end up.

That's a different WGAN-TV show that we've done.

---

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros [31 Gear/Accessories]

WGAN-TV | IMSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

Above is the entire show.

---
Here are all the Tiny URLs (WGAN Affiliate Links)
---

1 WGAN.INFO/1 Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod
2 WGAN.INFO/2 Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels and Carry Bag
3 WGAN.INFO/3 Glide Gear EBR150 15" Extender Riser
4 WGAN.INFO/4 Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
5 WGAN.INFO/5 Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate
6 WGAN.INFO/6 Camco 25573 Bullseye Level
7 WGAN.INFO/7 Kodiak Kuadrant Rechargeable Tactical Lantern with 360 Degree Range
8 WGAN.INFO/8 ZenRich iPad 5th/6th Generation Case, iPad 9.7 Case with Rotatable Kickstand/Shoulder Strap
9 WGAN.INFO/9 Wireless Portable Charger 30,800mAh 15W Wireless Charging 25W PD QC4.0 Fast Charging
10 WGAN.INFO/10 Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera + GoPro Accessory Bundle
11 WGAN.INFO/11 Neewer 20 inches/50 Centimeters Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod
12 WGAN.INFO/12 SofiHome Premium Heavy Duty Door Stop Rubber Wedge with Decorative Holder (6-pack)
13 WGAN.INFO/13 Insta360 Selfie Stick (1st Generation)
14 WGAN.INFO/14 Insta360 3m 9.8ft Extended Edition Selfie Stick (2nd Generation)
15 WGAN.INFO/15 Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera with Touchscreen - 5.7K30 360 Video
16 WGAN.INFO/16 Hard Case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + iPad and Accessories
17 WGAN.INFO/17 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
18 WGAN.INFO/18 Blue Shoe Guys Professional Grade Disposable Boot & Shoe Covers Booties | 100 Pack
19 WGAN.INFO/19 Larger Binder Clips - Box of 24
20 WGAN.INFO/20 Stanley Torpedo level
21 WGAN.INFO/21 Matterport Axis Rotator (Training Wheels for Matterport)
22 WGAN.INFO/22 GemTune DY-60i Leveler
23 WGAN.INFO/23 Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear
24 WGAN.INFO/24 New Trent iPad 9th Generation Case, iPad 8th Generation Case, iPad 7th Generation Case
25 WGAN.INFO/25 High Density Foam Insulation Tape Adhesive Rubber Strip, Seal, Door Insulation Foam Tape
26 WGAN.INFO/26 Right Angle Cable: USB3 to USB3
27 WGAN.INFO/27 Right Angle Cable: USD3 to Lightening
28 WGAN.INFO/28 Manfrotto MB MBAG75PN Tripod Bag Padded 75cm (Black)
29 WGAN.INFO/29 Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case - 12 x 11 x 6 Inches
30 WGAN.INFO/30 5 Pairs Reusable Non Slip Shoe Covers, Premium Soft Washable Thickened Boot Shoe Covers
31 WGAN.INFO/31 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter