Video: How to create Unique Matterport Tours & Unique Virtual Tours | Video courtesy of ThreeSixty Tours YouTube Channel | 14 April 2022

If you are wondering how to create Unique Matterport Tours then this video is for you.
In the video it also explains how to get an edge when creating a Matterport tour for hotels, colleges, & schools that have several large spaces, buildings or large outdoor spaces like Golf Courses.

How to create Unique Matterport Tours

Free use of ThreeSixty.Tours top tier Subscription as long as you are a Standard or Premium member. Sign Up for Free

Here's the transcript of the video

Hadi Ossaily: Hi, welcome to ThreeSixty.Tours. I'm Hadi. Today we're going to be seeing some tours and how to make unique Matterport tours like this one or this one, how to combine several Matterport tours. This is one of my favorite tours of Trinity College in Dublin. Again, they don't have a 360 drone shot, a 360 panorama.

They just have a regular 2D image as you can see here. What they've done is they've combined all these Matterport tours. This college is made up of several buildings, right? How do you get all of that under one tour? That's where, again, we come in as ThreeSixty.Tours. This is, for example, the business school and somebody can come in and they can view the entire business school.

They look at it here. It's a nice building. They come in, they can view whatever section they want of it. When they close it, they're back where they started. It gives them a nice perspective of the entire tour. Every time you see a 3D tour, that's a Matterport tour. These tours here are just regular 360 images or these circles here are regulatory 360 images.

Let's look at this one, for example, the long room. This is, again, a Matterport tour and you go into the long room. Wow, this is a very long room. We can go into the long room and you look at it. Wow, this is a very beautiful building. You can look around. Wow, what a nice building. You go in. Once you're done with the tour, again, you close it and you're back here.

What I liked about this is that they've put a map. This is actually the tour map. Let's say you're looking at one of the 360 images. You're not looking at the Matterport tour, you're looking at the 360 panorama. You're in here. This is just a regular 360 panorama taken by a 360 degree camera. Once you're done here, you can click on the map and visualize everything again. Okay.

The other option would be, you open the tray and click on the aerial shot here and you're back to where you started. Now what happens is that the university, if you're pitching to this university, say, look, I can make you a beautiful tour of the entire university with all its buildings, you can picture it under one link. Instead of sending them seven or eight different links.

You can just give them one link and they come in here and they have their entire university under one link using ThreeSixty.Tours. Again, you can add videos, you can add external links, you can add a lot of stuff. This is a Matterport tour that they've combined with a beautiful drone shot. You see here they've added a nice drone shot and if you click on the Matterport tour or the link.

You come in here and it's just your regular tour. You can tour the house the way you like. Go into it, you can see the doll house. What they've done here is they've added several nice 360 degree pictures to the tour as well. So you can take a look at it. Once you're done with the tour, you close it. You see here this is a beautiful drone shot that gives a nice perspective to whoever's viewing the tour.

It gives them a nice view of the beach, it gives the emphasis that they live next to the beach, the house is next to the beach. They've added this drone shot. In fact, they've added two drone shots. If we go into this one, you'll see another beautiful drone shot here, which makes the tour more interesting. Look at this beautiful shot here. You could do stuff like that on ThreeSixty.Tours.

You can easily add a Matterport tour and create a drone shot like that to give a better perspective of the house. This works out well when you're doing a luxury house. You can also add a video here. I'm not going to show you how to do it on this video, maybe on the next one. I can do a demonstration of how to add it. Like an intro video here, people can come in and if you're pitching to a real estate agent.

They can add their video here and showcase their beautiful property. Now, let's go to the next tour. The next tour is of a luxury hotel. It's a large space. What they've done here is that they've combined around seven or eight different Matterport tours into one. This is not a 360 degree image. On the first tour we had a nice, beautiful drone 360 degree image.

On this one we have a drone shot, but it's just a 2D image. You can do that too. You don't have to have a 360 image, except that when you combine all these tours into one, it gives it a nice perspective. If you're pitching to a hotel or to a university or a college, they don't want you to give them eight different links, they want you to give them one link to the entire tour.

With ThreeSixty.Tours, you can do that with our software. You can just very easily add all of these Matterport tours and combine them into one. This one, for example, is the carriage house here. When you click it, it opens a new window and you go into the Matterport tour and whoever is looking at the tour can view everything. They can look at the doll house.

Again, once they're done, they can go back to the tour and see the entire hotel from here. What I don't like about this tour is that it opens in a new tab. I wouldn't recommend you do that and I'll show you on the next tour how you can have them open on the same tab and it'll open up here. You see if you wanted to see, for example, the garden here, you go in and it showcases the garden.

Whoever is viewing it, again, can look at whatever they want from this part of the tour, close it and go back to the full hotel tour. This is essential, again, if you're pitching to a large space and you want to create a tour for them. You can combine everything under one roof by using our software. Let's go on to the next tour.

Here what you can do is this is another Virtual Tour of the London Imperial College. Again, they don't have a 360 image, so they've used a 2D. They have seven or eight different buildings and they've combined all of them into one tour. Again, every time you see a 3D tour, that's a Matterport tour and the circles that have nothing written on them, that's a regular 360 degree image.

For example, if you want to see the inventions room, it opens in the same window, people can come in here and look at the space outside, go into the inventions room, tour it, see what they want with it. Then once they're done with it, they can close it and now they're back here. You see these guys didn't put it as a map, they just put it as a regular image. You can see any one of these Matterport tours.

You can also go into here, for example, and see the 360 degree image here that they've added. Once you're done, since there's no map, they can open the tray and look at more 360 degree images that are available. Or they can just go back to the original picture right over here. What I also liked about this is they put a link. This is the accessibility statement.
When you click on it, it opens a new window, you go to their website and this is a statement, I don't know, about accessibility, I guess. You see here it's one link for the entire tour. Again, you don't have to have seven or eight different links. It's one tour that they've added on their website and brings them here and you can showcase the entire property.

This is essential if you're pitching to a hotel or a college. Again, they want one link, they don't want seven or eight different links. It gives you an edge on your Matterport tours and helps you create unique Matterport tours.