Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603DvistaProblemsQuestionsVirtual Reality

Which 360 platform enables open/close of glove box in this car tour?16700

peterek87 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I would ask You for a help and Tips.

I have a customer which will have a panorama 360 which has a function (no idea how it's called) that you can to example open and close a window or door in real estate VR photography.

Another customer will have interior panorama of a car than you can open and close car glove box or something else.

Please see this Panorama here: https://pindora.com/cars/maybach/tour.html

There can we open/close the glove box in the passenger site and in the middle.

I searched a long time in internet but I can't find anything about this feature.

Thanks

Peter
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@peterek87

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Wow! What a great example of a 360 tour of the inside of a car:
https://pindora.com/cars/maybach/tour.html

I wonder if it was created within 3DVista?

Perhaps other WGAN Forum Members will know better.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@peterek87

You might try reaching out directly to the creator:
https://pindora.com/

(Once you find out, can you post which 360 platform enabled this feature?)

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank You for the answer. I sent many messages to the author but without any reply. I work with ptgui and 3dVista bit I can't imagine how it's made that can you there the things open and close.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@peterek87

Perhaps a GIF?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
To me this looks like Pano2VR.

(I am on mobile only for the next days, so I cannot explore in chrome developer mode.)
Post 6 IP   flag post
I think too that the player is from the Pano2VR. But how is the Panorama made, how is this stitched the technique this is a good question...
Post 7 IP   flag post
The panorama is probably a 3D rendering.
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeshImages do you know maybe where can I learn more about 3D rendering of panoramas ? Because I saw many Virtual Tours which were probably rendered but I don't know how this works
Thank You
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterek87
MeshImages do you know maybe where can I learn more about 3D rendering of panoramas ? Because I saw many Virtual Tours which were probably rendered but I don't know how this works
Thank You

In the We Get Around Network MarketPlace is a Renderings category of WGAN Members that offer 360 Renderings.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@peterek87 I am trying to learn Blender. This tutorial is a very good starting point.

clickable text
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
It's an image overlayed (precisely) on the panorama with opacity 0 (transparent). On click it fades it's opacity to solid. Fairly simple to do, alignment with the pano probably takes the most time. It has a class of ggimage so maybe something Garden Gnome now have in Pano2VR (I haven't looked at it for ages).
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank You very much🙂
Post 13 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I would also love to know what he used to create the panoramic. Going to the photographer’s webpage I would say the exterior shots made with something similar to Gigpan rotator that allows overlapping photos creating a large megapixel photo allowing great detail on zoom. But this would not work in the car, detail is great and I could not see a single stitching error.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hi Ron, yes I searched stitching error too and don't find. I have a Samyang 12mm Fisheye Lens and my Camera is Perfect calibrated (nodal point) and when make pano than is very hard to make something without a small stiching error...
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@peterek87

I reached out to Pano2VR Support. A representative writes:

---

Hi Dan,

This was built using Pano2VR.

There is a recorded webinar that covers this.

Start at time index 38:44, the explanation is quite detailed, but in reality once you know how to do this it only takes a few minutes for each roll over effect.

The trick is to create two panoramas, one with doors closed and one with doors open so you have all the images you need.

Regards,
[redacted]
Post 16 IP   flag post
Dan, thank You very very much. I am sure that this is exactly this what I searching for. Now I must try to do this with the 3Dvista pro because a few months I buy this software. I hope that this will work because there are to containers etc...
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
The trick is to create two panoramas, one with doors closed and one with doors open so you have all the images you need.

I was going to suggest the same but then noticed you can actually open at least three things(glove box, compartment under an arm and something called maybach) in the car. So if you open the glove box and then open the compartment the glove box will stay open when the state of the compartment changes to open. If they really have done it by replacing 360 showing an open state of each thing they have had to do 8 panoramas to reflect all possible states of all three things.
Post 18 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
I think I saw once a Matterport Virtual Tour from Paolo Tosolini where you can turn on and off light or TV.
Maybe he reads this and can help...
Post 19 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
@peterek87,

According to the HTML source, it looks like they used Pano2VR. 🤓👍🏽

Hope that helps.

God Bless,
Chris
Post 20 IP   flag post
Saulius private msg quote post Address this user
In 3D Vista Open/Closed door effect I create by simply shooting 2 panoramas at the same spot. It's an old way. Now it should work with virtual staging hotspot workflow.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Saulius thank You, also I should make this with the staging function in 3DVista. I will try 🙂
Post 22 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
So it is great that we narrowed down the process to develop the open and close items in the tour. But I am hoping that we can talk about how the panorama was taken, its clear, its made up close and there are no stitching issues.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. When the lights are off, a new clickable option appears in the rear for a phone. Will definitely check out the how-to video.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Some additional info from Pano2VR Customer Support:

--

Hi Dan,
Here is a project from a customer that is found in our Pano2VR Users Gallery using the same technique.

Open the link and select the menu on the table, then select different dishes from the menu that slides out.

Regards,

[redacted]
Post 25 IP   flag post
Wow, the sushi menu is awesome. Thank You Dan for reposting. Really nice feature and idea
Post 26 IP   flag post
Dan, I looked the Project Sushi and on the start is a satelic Map with location what do You thinking about how is this made ?
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@peterek87

Same way as car, I could imagine. 360s shots multiple times at same location. Only thing that changes is what's on the dish.

Makes sense?

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yes but the video on start with the map satellic ?
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulius
In 3D Vista Open/Closed door effect I create by simply shooting 2 panoramas at the same spot. It's an old way. Now it should work with virtual staging hotspot workflow.

If you have only one door that can be either in open and closed state yes you can do it with just two 360(one shows the door open and another shows it closed)
However when you do the same for the second door while the first door also can be open and closed and you need 4x 360s(1Closed2Cclosed, 1Open2Closed, 1Open2Oopen, 1Closed2Oopen). With the third door added it needs 8x 360 and with the 4th it needs 16x etc.

That's why I believe it is not as simple as shooting two panos when you need 2 and more features keeping their states. And they have 3 at least in their car.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101602 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?