Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ProblemsTipsTrim

Editing - New Black spots on Windows why?1663

walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I have been having this issue when editing...
When the video is uploaded, I found some black squares and dots on the Living room window... only on the living room. I went to the iPad and move the "window' line a bit behind or I made ir larger.... I waited for the new model to upload and then on the new model there are NEW black spots, not only on that Livingroom window, but on the master bedroom which is on the oposite side of the house... or on any of the other rooms windows.... Why? how does this happenes? and how can I stop this from happening... becuase this makes my editing time increase.... because now I have to go and move some other "window lines" and upload again my model... and wait... and revise another model...

Please help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
Try to upload a screen capture from the iPad and a link to the model. In this forums you will find some gurus that will know to fix those black spots.
Good luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
Good Idea...
this is link from an upload 1 hour ago:
https://my.matterport.com/models/A3yhcS7RBNY

this is the model before that one... from last night about 9pm
https://my.matterport.com/models/YCPP3scX5Rb

On this model from last night, the only thing we moved was the window line of the living room... so why on the model from today there are new black spots on the kitchen window and on one of the rooms?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I might be wrong on this, but I think whose black holes are just due to the strong sunlight coming in on that side of the apartment.

If you do not have splash in the iPad behind those windows I suggest to just eliminate those window markings and give it a shot.

But truly I think is the light

Gus
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Try removing the window markers all together and ensure there is sufficient space between the trim line and the exterior walls. Since the shades are drawn, the window markers are of no benefit anyway, but they may be causing the issues.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi JonJ and Pirusan,

I did what you told me, I deleted the window line on the living room but it did not work... now it has a big black hole in a corner of the living room.

And I did not touch the window line for the kitchen window and there is a new black hole on it... why this happens?

https://my.matterport.com/models/ydzrttES4tK

thanks for your help!
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
At this point the only things that I can think of are that the spaces seem to have been excessively scanned and if you remove some of the redundant scans that may help or the mirror may not have been marked/incorrectly marked.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@walk360 If moving or removing the window markers and trims then I think is the strong light coming through that window. The weird thing is that from upload to upload the location of the back spots change.

I think is the strong light, which there is no much you can do about. But I would try anything at this moment. i see some excessive scans across the room right next to the mirror in the dining room. I would make sure taht mirror is marked a little bigger than the mirror. Other than, if it is the strong light there is not much more you can try
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks for your recommendations JonJ and Pirusan!

The extra scans we did was to covered some black spaces on the iPad so the Dollhouse will look perfect... yes it took us an extra hour to do those but one of our selling strategies are the dollhouses and we like them to be as close to perfect as possible.

Like you both said, at this point I'll be trinng anything I can to make those black holes look better.

thanks,
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?