Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceMarketingPricingTips

Matterport Pricing for Commercial Properties?16569

Plymouthphotog private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone!

I have been doing Matterport tours for real estate for about 6 years now. I have decide that I now want to shift my focus onto more commercial/retail/hospitality spaces and have NO idea where to even start when it comes to the pricing. I have been doing research and have come across various ways that people are pricing. Some are by the square footage of the space, some are doing "time on site" and others are just throwing a price out there. Some are charging a hosting fee and some are not.

With all of this being said, how are YOU charging for Matterport jobs that you are doing for these types of space?

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

Alexis
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 2 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
None of us can tell you how to do or price your business. Do your research, know your market and also know your numbers. This is a business, so approach it that way.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Plymouthphotog private msg quote post Address this user
@martel this was probably the WORST response to my question.

1) I was not asking for you to supply me with what I should be charging
2) I HAVE done my research and part of my research is getting advice from this who have been doing tours for commercial and retail spaces
3) If you do not have anything of substance to add to a tread, don't waste your time in replying to one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
I've done 20 commercial properties ranging from 100,000 Sq. Ft warehouse to YMCA's and restaurants.
I've done insurance claim scans for attorneys and insurances. Each and every one was priced differently and for the what the market can afford.
So why was this without substance? if you have been doing real estate then you must have an understanding of time, costs, and how much to host.
So apply that to commercial properties. Regions are different. What my markets are able to pay is different than your market.
You asked what are others charging? (With all of this being said, how are YOU charging for Matterport jobs that you are doing for these types of space?)
You have to factor in the same as you do real estate. Time, hosting fees, Ect. Thats all part of the Matterport business.
If you didn't like the response then do not ask the questions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I am orienting my scan prices on Matterports scan services pricing, which is ok for most commercial properties.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Plymouthphotog

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. Here are some previous WGAN Forum posts about pricing commercial spaces:

Monthly Recurring Revenue versus 1x Payments
Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance
Tip: Offer Hosting, Maintenance and Support Instead of Transferring Spaces

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
SilverMonkey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martel
None of us can tell you how to do or price your business. Do your research, know your market and also know your numbers. This is a business, so approach it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymouthphotog
@martel this was probably the WORST response to my question.

1) I was not asking for you to supply me with what I should be charging
2) I HAVE done my research and part of my research is getting advice from this who have been doing tours for commercial and retail spaces
3) If you do not have anything of substance to add to a tread, don't waste your time in replying to one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
SilverMonkey private msg quote post Address this user
Totally agree. That was not only a useless comment, it was rude. I am new to Matterport and am interested in the responses that you get for my future business. Best of luck to you.

Monica
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Custom Pricing...Should you do it? | Video courtesy of Jordan Nielsen YouTube Channel | 28 June 2022

Video above is about how to price 150,00 SQ FT for Matterport for a commercial space.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
$0.10 a square foot up to 25,000 ft². Discounts after that. Call to inquire. This is your pricing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
My 2 cents... keeping in mind we have only done a few LARGER commercial spaces. I just don't think there is much of a market around here, and I haven't pursued it.

But- here are my thoughts:

1- commercial spaces typically scan much faster than residential, assuming that you're not trying to scan during business hours.

2- if you are scanning during business hours, I would take a good hard look at charging primarily based on scanning time. We've done quite a few medium sized office spaces where the employees are totally in your way, OR even worse they wait until you get to their space and then ask you to "wait while I tidy up". Nightmare.

3- make sure someone from the landlord/listing brokerage/management is onsite, fully informed and willing to whip people into shape. If it's just you against 30 employees, you are screwed. You need a traffic cop. If they won't provide one, you need to bring someone, and charge for that person's time.

4- figure out if this scan is going to be used for weeks,months or years.

Overall - if it is something that will be used for years, my game plan would be to price low and get that sweet, recurring hosting money down the road.
Post 12 IP   flag post
parkerjh private msg quote post Address this user
For the life of me, I have not been able to find any examples of Matterport floor-plans for commercial buildings/ office building/ large non-residential spaces. Matterport says they do not recommend floor-plans for non-residential spaces. I have done a lot of veterinary clinics/ doctor's offices but those are so similiar to homes with a a big room (reception) and halls and rooms.

I am very curious to see some floor-plans of bigger spaces: 10,000'- office, wholesale, warehouse, etc to see how Matterport handles those.

Can anyone be so kind as to share something similar?
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
122-WGAN-TV | Matterport Service Provider? Free Single Property Website with Every 2D Floor Plan Order from My Virtual Listings | Guest: My Visual Listings Co-Founder and CEO Greg Paterson @MyVisualListings | Air Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021 | Episode: 122

My Visual Listings

WGAN-TV | 7 Strategies to Sell Floor Plans as an Add On with CAPTUR3D CAPTUR3D Founder and COO Steven Kounnas | Episode 117 | Thursday, 9 September 2021

Receive free with this WGAN affiliate link for CAPTUR3D, $90 in credits: that's 5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]

@parkerjh

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. And, thanks for your question ...

Three WGAN 3rd Party Services Providers that can create floor plans - of any size - from Matterport scans:

1. My Visual Listings (See WGAN-TV show above)
2. CAPTUR3D (See WGAN-TV show above)
3. Baezeni

Here are additional WGAN Forum resources that may be helpful:

1. WGAN MarketPlace
2. WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Floor Plans | Large | Pro3

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@parkerjh yesterday I spent 3 hours going through about a hundred commercial listings for lease and sales.

And no less than 90% of the listings they had one or two pictures.

Zero had 3D tours.

Zero had a floor plan even though numerous structures I looked at were from 1500 ft² to 7,500 ft².

So we can really see the low level of expectation that currently exists for property owners.

I can envision in the future an agent less option, a new all one RE website that can handle all aspects of real estate sales from beginning to end and you virtually don't need any agents if this is the level of effort that's in the The market on both the consumer & commercial space.

The photographer and the videographer and the 3D virtual tour guy are going to be in very high demand.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101641 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?