Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 Image Link360 Tours3DVistaAsteroom

Connecting 360 images for walk through of a homes interior16556

Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Building Products client that has 360 images they created from their rendering software (ie: a layout of a kitchen with selected cabinets for a kitchen remodel). As an example maybe it is two 360 images of a kitchen, one near the sink and one on few feet away.

They want to connect the images to make a "walkthrough". Moving from one image to the other.

Suggestions on software or other to make that happen?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
3D Vista
Post 2 IP   flag post
cdahl private msg quote post Address this user
Depends how much you want to pay. Many of the 360 tour hosts want a monthly subscription. Check out Kuula.co . Open an account, upload the 2 images and connect them in the editing page. Once done, you can grab an embed code and drop it in a web page or a link to share that will go to the kuula page. The drawback is that any hotspots you create in the free version don't travel when you share the link. If you set up a hotspot to transition to a second or third scene, they won't show up. However, all of your scenes will be visible as thumbnails at the bottom of the screen and clicking on each scene will transition to that scene.

Another option is cloudpano.com where you can create a fairly sophisticated tour with multiple scenes without a subscription. However, they do charge a flat rate of $10 per tour for lifetime hosting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BlueImmersiveMedia

I built this 360 tour in Asteroom. (It's easy!)

Note: I left the room titles in the dollhouse (not necessary). And, I had long room descriptions (not necessary).

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I have been looking at options myself for a bed and breakfast inn. One of the criteria is finding a hosting platform that charges less than Matterport but has some of the features I want. I found Kuula with the help of Ben Claremont's review on YouTube.

Your description sounds like a very small "model" in the Matterport world. If you create several of them, you will blow past the $9.99 per month fee for 5 active Matterport models and be bumped into the $69 per month level for up to 25 active models.

Kuula points of interest:

- $16 per month for unlimited tour hosting
- ability to control the pitch (up and down of the image) and the zoom of the view (zooming out too far really distorts the view, as with Zillow 3D Home tours - this is important with inexperienced users because the mouse control can cause the view to move all around. I found that especially nauseating (really!) with CloudPano (though I really like how the CEO, Zach Calhoun, is offering great inspiration for building a 360 business).
- There is an "auto scan" mode that can be set to sweep around the pano
- There is a "walk-through" mode that keeps the view positioned in the same direction for the pano you are moving to.
- Another feature that I haven't full explored yet is that the images can be linked with an icon (like most other tour platforms) but that the icon can be set to zero opacity so it's not viewable but IS able to be move towards by clicking on the screen in that area, similar to that feature in Matterport. What I have not yet determined is how large the "clickable" area around the invisible icon is to move to it. It may require more scans (like Matterport) so that a click will connect with a new view of the room.

Lastly, being able to edit the panorama can be a requirement that is not possible with Matterport or with Zillow 3D Home tours. I tested scans of both those platforms in a room at the bed and breakfast inn and the results from those two apps displayed very different lighting and were different from scans I took directly into my Ricoh SC2. If you want to have some control over your panoramas' color and lighting, then neither Zillow or Matterport provide much variation. They work okay for regular real estate listing tours.

Hope that helps point you in the direction of something to explore!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@BlueImmersiveMedia

No frills with minor limited branding http://momento360.com/ has a free option outside of that there is several good options available for building out of 360 tours. BoxBrownie even has an option in which they’ll build and connect it for you
Post 6 IP   flag post
101432 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?