Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHow toStrategy

Request for advice how to host Matterports for B&B rooms16537

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I are spending the weekend at a B&B to celebrate our anniversary (30 years of joy!). I noticed no 360 tours on their site, so I took 20 scans yesterday afternoon of the common area to show the manager a Matterport model. He's interested! (Nothing like mixing business and pleasure!...)

I'm posting here to solicit advice from experienced Matterporters on what options are available to host individual scans of a dozen suites and the common area. I imagine each room, which already has its own page on the B&B website, would add a Matterport tour of that room, instead of a single, large and cumbersome model of the two buildings.

Are there other options to hosting all the room tours on Matterport and setting up a hosting account for the manager that he pays for monthly? Maybe use a different 360 platform? I have a Ricoh SC2 camera.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Dave
Post 1 IP   flag post
Muse3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dave,
Setting up an account for the client to pay their own hosting for Matterport is a viable option.
Another option is something very different many platforms won’t allow Matterport or any other type of scans, only images.
So what my company did was create the first ever website (in New Zealand), where every listing for hospitality and tourism is featured with a full immersion, virtual tours. No photos, only VR tours. We have since created an addition site that is based on a major tourism destination in The Hawkes Bay, which is a winey and historic area.
All of the listings are linked directly back to the client websites at no cost, and then we charge them a minimal annual fee for a plan, that most are happy to pay. This allows them to place their scans in 2 different areas, which thus far, has proven very popular and successful.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
A few thoughts.

First off if they have a website, is for them to build a dedicated page called virtual tours. There they can list every virtual tour and it will significantly help their SEO, with accurate verbiage on that page.

If they are a business, you can upload those 360 scans directly through matterport and place them on Google maps. Assuming they have a Google my business listing which is now Google Business profiles, I would have them create a post describing each room, linking to the matterport.

Inside every matterport tour you create make sure you have at least one mattertag which leads to some type of contact form. There comes a time when people say shut up and take My money. Haha. You can also embed videos they may have produce previously, and the goal is always to have the customer spend as much time on your website as possible.

Depending on your matterport subscription, you can possibly save them some money. Instead of having them pay $69 per month they can pay you $50 a month. This might help you upgrade your hosting plan and have somebody help you pay for it.

Another option outside of Matterport, if you have that theta SC2, is to download the Zillow 3D home app, and you can create a decent tour at no cost to you and with no hosting fees! You get a link for each individual tour, and can be easily embedded or shared via a link. In this scenario, pretty much all the money you ask from them goes into your pocket.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Have a look at threesixty.tours
Using it you can just find a photo of a place facade and then create hotspots on windows and its common areas to let visitors jumping it and open a tour for each particular place inside.

I have posted an example of what my partner has done for Mandarin Oriental hotel in UK. I will try to find it in my emails and show.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, if you have Pano2VR or 3DVista you can do the same there for free and let your client to host it. Otherwise apart from matterport tours hosting you will have to charge them for their threesixty.tours account.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Here it is

Post 6 IP   flag post
101604 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?