Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCustomer ServiceFloorsScanning

Matterport poor customer service. Floor problems16535

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@JimmyJim

My thought is that the actual floors in the model is based on the SqFt per level/floor & this is why these 2 landing are not being taken in to consideration in the floor numbering.

If not wanting to hit the the top sky deck at Dusk or Dawn if you have one of the supported 360 cameras you may also be able to overlap a couple scan positions to get through the doorway and scan that sky deck

In this model I had used a Z1 to connect the main home to the detached carriage house:
Post 26 IP   flag post
JimmyJim private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks lilnitsch. Yeah I'm thinking you may be right about sq. footage per floor. Can you provide a little more info on overlapping scan positions? Nice job with the carriage house. You did that during the day with no issues with the sun? Oh, fyi I'm using a Pro2
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JimmyJim

on the job above I used the Pro2 for the interiors and a Ricoh Theta Z1 to connect the 2 structures. In order to connect the two structure with just a Pro2 this would have probably taken 2 days just because you would need to wait for proper lighting to connect the structures

With your townhome project hitting that sky deck at dusk or dawn you should be able to capture that entire sky deck with 3D scans then if time & lighting permits I'd consider grabbing the deck off that living room as well

This is another example (all Pro2) connecting structures with proper lighting

Post 28 IP   flag post
Got it. Interesting you can use that Ricoh Z1 outdoors in sunlight without issues.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JimmyJim

Any of the 360 cameras can be used in this manner though currently the Z1 has the best image quality. I have shot Matterport tours with most of the supported 360 cameras the Insta360's are really grainy, Ricoh's V & SC2 are the next best and pretty much identical in image quality though the SC2 is a bit slower on the image transfer, The Z1 has the best image quality of the supported 360 cameras
Post 30 IP   flag post

This is another example (all Pro2) connecting structures with proper lighting

Just one last question- The last tour you posted above was done with just a Pro2. Were you able to 3D scan outside because the sun was obstructed by trees? Thanks.
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JimmyJim

it was a combination of early morning lighting, smoke, and tree cover
Post 32 IP   flag post
101751 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?