Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HeadsLevelerTripod

Tripod Leveling heads for Matterport Pro216526

josephsaad91 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I have no clue what people are using as tripod leveling heads for their Pro2 Cameras these days.
I'm new to the scene, and i just bought a Neewer leveling base (gear style) which was shown in these forums. But these discussions are years old and i wanted to know what people are using currently?

I find i can see the bubble it's soo close to the Pro2 base, is there any way to manually put a bubble on the top of the matterport pro2 camera itself? anyone do this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a magnetic level that I set on top of the camera. Since the pro2 camera body is no-magnetic, I cut a small piece of thin sheet metal and duct taped it to the top of the camera.

Level I use: clickable text

Camera leveling tripod head I use...the bubble is not useable with the camera mounted on it: clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
For Matterport I just eyeball it to make sure it is more or less level the software does a pretty decent job
Post 3 IP   flag post
dlasala private msg quote post Address this user
I use:

-Manfrotto 028B Triman Camera Tripod with Geared Center Column
-Arca Swiss D3 Geared Tripod Head (this has bubble levels on 2 sides, and you can easily adjust it with two dials)
-Really Right Stuff RRS 60mm Lever Release Clamp B2-AS-II

I already had this setup for my DSLR. It's rock solid, and I can easily get it perfectly level. Downside is - it'll set you back about $1,800 (new)! Adding a bubble level to the top will be a good, inexpensive option, however.

I learned about this setup from this Rich Baum video.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Zackly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
For Matterport I just eyeball it to make sure it is more or less level the software does a pretty decent job
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do eyeballing too after my bubble level fell off my tripod. There is plenty of features in any space you can use to do it like windows, doorways, bricklines. You can just look from behind a Pro2 and level your tripod aligning the top of the Pro2 to horizontal lines of these features.

If you are not sure it will work for you you can get something like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373763775758
Post 6 IP   flag post
josephsaad91 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all for the reply, i've added the inclinometer digital taco to the arsenal. Will assess the other options provided too if i need a better solution down the track
Post 7 IP   flag post
101636 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?