Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseboatsInsta 360 OneInsta360 One X2MatterportScanningVirtual Realyachts

Yacht with Matterport & Insta 360 ?16489

WGAN
Fan Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
skyload300 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Friends, Questions about boats and yachts:

I am using "Insta360 ONE" and an iPad for my Matterport tours

1- Any differences/tricks between a yacht and a normal house?

2- Do you start from below-deck and go upwards floor by floor?

Example: If you are on main deck, you could have levels above (upper decks) and lower ones too (bottom and yacht belly) ... if you start at main deck and go below.. can you re-adjust the floor numbering?

3- Any words of wisdom? do we follow same 2~3 meters scan gaps ?

Thanks Guys!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@skyload300

Are these WGAN Forum discussions tagged - yachts and boats and Insta360 One X2 - helpful?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@skyload300

Using a supported 360 camera you will want to pay close attention to any alignment errors as this models can be prone to twisting. Overshooting (more scan positions) is really recommended

I have only done 1 boat to date this was shot with the Z1 ~ Depending on how my summer lines up this year I may try re-scanning this with a Pro2
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@skyload300

Using a supported 360 camera you will want to pay close attention to any alignment errors as this models can be prone to twisting. Overshooting (more scan positions) is really recommended

I have only done 1 boat to date this was shot with the Z1 ~ Depending on how my summer lines up this year I may try re-scanning this with a Pro2

Hello lilnitsch
Thank you So much for sharing.
Why does the model not fully representing a boat shape? (i think its because the boat does not have side walkways or corridors right?)

Check the Aurora, I think the type of boat design dictates how will it look like on 3D.

Link: https://matterport.com/gallery/aurora-yacht

Thanks,
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@skyload300

The Aurora model you shared is a larger boat and the walkways around the edges are a bit bigger appearing to be about a 30" walkway. With that said this shooter did a good job of over shooting but, even so, with the repetitive nature of some of these spaces it appears that they were also having some alignment issues.

The model was also shot with a Pro1 or Pro2 camera which has better 3D data

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
The reflective paint used on boats is a pain for alignments. So donโ€™t expect to see a pretty model in the dollhouse. Prep your client for this. Vegas yacht
Post 6 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV dollhouse is just a gimmick
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot imagine anyone will pay for a tour done with Insta360 for a yacht. I know they are not all big but even a small one can be quite expensive.

This one has been done with a Pro2 and it is about 500 sqm of a floor area size with four decks. I did not have any problems with alignment but it took two visits to avoid scanning outdoor with sunlight present.

https://matterport.com/discover/space/AXhF68WUVE2
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@Wingman I did a full university with insta360 and it turns out great !

My concern was that I have never done a boat/yacht so the scanning methodology is different.. hence my question ๐Ÿค—

Your model looks amazing man ๐Ÿ™‚.. how many scans is that ?

Haiham.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?