Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasCapture AppProblems

It's official....the Pro1 is better at alignment than Pro216460

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Some of you may have seen my post recently regarding the MAJOR alignment issues I was having in the field scanning with Pro2. As of late, alignment on ipad in capture app with the Pro2 has been abismal.

I was having scans show up way way out of place, walls going off in the wrong direction, and scanning spaces has just been no fun. Especially a few of the larger ones. I wanted to know if any of you were experiencing the same issues, and a few of you chimed in with the same issues.

Matterport tells me the issues will more than likely be fixed in processing, and to be fair, they have been fixed. What I see in the capture app is not the same thing the finished product shows...so that is a good thing obviously.

But, scanning in the field...well, that fix doesn't mean too much in the moment of that scanning chaos. Due to these issues, scanning has taken way longer on jobs when delays like this shouldn't have been happening.

I don't remember alignment issues being so bad during the early and middle life of my Pro2...seems like in the last 6 months or so it has gotten way worse. I was glad to see the same thing has been noticed by others and that it wasn't just me.

So, I decided to dust off the Pro1 and try it out to see if the same alignment issues would happen. To my amazement.. alignment has been damn near perfect. Scans have been where they were supposed to be in the capture app, walls stay put and don't veer off in the wrong direction, hardly any "no alignment" messages.

I have rekindled a love for a camera I thought I'd rarely...if ever, use again. Now, I'm starting to use it more again, and no one has seen a difference at all in final product.

And if we are being honest, I can barely see the difference on interior scans...I do notice the difference on exteriors though.

Someone please tell me why the Pro1 yields better alignment results in the capture app vs pro2. I would really really like to know.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Interested also
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

It could be that your Pro2 needs realignment service ~ I haven't had to do this myself with any of my cameras but, I have seen the alignment room in Sunnyvale, CA unfortunately there is no way to do this yourself

I have 2 Pro1's & 2 Pro2's ~ I like to carry backups of everything on all my shoots
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Tons of alignment issues in both Pro 2's purchased this year. One that was replaced by Matterport for motor issues.

I'm having alignment issues in real estate shoots that I never had with my Pro1.
I'll pull it out this week and test this theory.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray I began to notice ghost scans arbitrarily placed on the model in the app, when I've decided to delete scans!

The only other real glitch I see is the Matterport app can only handle about a thousand scans per model.

So I hope matterport gets working on that, I'm pretty sure investors are scoping out these forums.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?