Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearPro2

New iPad Pro is a decent companion16404

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently scanning several large box stores, but my first edition iPad pro fell out of my hand and landed screen first onto the concrete floor. Not shattered, but cracks, and an unhappy owner. It was a 64 GB model.

Scanning large stores is a lot different than scanning homes. My scans have ranged from just over 100 to almost 1400 scans for this project but once you get to about a thousand scans on the original iPad pro, problems start happening.

So I made a decision to go by the brand new smaller iPad pro with 250 GB of memory.

I also need the decision to buy a neck strap, and that was an immediate relief and something I will never stop using because it's great. Holding an iPad in your hand for a couple days, a thousand to 1200 scans, you feel pain at the end of the day. That's all been fixed.

So here are my top reasons why I'm completely satisfied making a switch from the original iPad pro 64 GB to the brand new smaller 256 GB iPad pro.

1. It's just blazing faster on any app you're using.
2. It's about as heavy as the previous versions so nothing has changed there, however buying a neck strap attached to an iPad case creates a weightless zone.
3. 256 GB for portable device is mighty hefty. I don't have to delete models, or archive them, in case I ever have to go back to one of my projects and fix something that may have been missed.
4. The screen resolution is spectacular and very quick. I use my iPad almost exclusively just for Matterport.
5. The matterport capture app seems to be enhanced on this iPad platform. The transfer time is definitely much improved it makes a huge difference getting to the next scan and then completing it and then doing that again.
6. Unparalleled reliability. I've had iPads for a long time and it's the perfect device for what it does. It gives you confidence knowing a device won't fail when you need it at the most critical time possible.
7. Battery life is dramatically improved. My older iPad would drain quickly probably because of its age however I haven't had to add my power bank to the iPad as I'm scanning yet. And when I do I can only imagine I can probably scan for a whole day, but then again the Pro2 its battery is only good for about 9 hours.
8. With 256 GB, I can only assume I'm probably ready to pair it up to a blk360 sometime to check it out. If that happens I have more than enough space to capture gigantic models.
9. Longevity is definitely a key selling point with the iPad particularly the newer models. The iPad I replaced with this was about 5 years old. I am pleased to know that was standing any unforcing damage this will last me a long time, amortizing the investment making it a lot of sense.
10. With the Pro 2D and the new iPad Pro, I feel I have a truly a professional setup. And about 5 years shooting Matterport 3D, I think it shows.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I recall having those topics coming up in discussions on this forum years ago. So glad @DanSmigrod made this forum to allow us share ideas and encourage us to pull the trigger on having the right tools to get the jobs handled efficiently.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@VTLV I concur
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

Thank you for sharing your detailed note.

May I get a link to the neck strap and iPad so that I can add these links to your post?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

Thank you for your detailed post.

Your recommendations solve many problems for the WGAN Community:

1. Faster scanning: (saves time; get more done in a day)
2. Successful Scanning: Enabling super-large Matterport spaces to be scanned successfully
3. Help with backup
4. Reduce (or eliminate pain/stress on hands/arms)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
Link for case and strap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B095SSGCLV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I had the had strap catch on my shirt a few times and shredded the cotton.

Post 7 IP   flag post
101636 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?