Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppProblemsScanningStrategy

Help please: Crazy misalignment lately in capture app16365

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced major misalignment issues in the capture app as of late? In these scenarios, it has been impossible to properly mark windows, mirrors and to trim. Does anyone have any tips to avoid such misalignments? I have been told that you can start the camera facing the same direction every time and that helps, but I have not experienced that good fortune.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm a few of my team have been reporting this in the last 2 weeks. Only on pro 2 cameras, those with the pro 2 lite are not complaining. No new updates applied
What's yours doing?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
That's really interesting. My first generation camera doesn't seem to have major alignment issues. It's just putting rooms way off kilter and overlaying areas. It's been a nightmare on some of these larger projects I'm doing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's weird. I've noticed the web viewing is also acting up from the same time as well. Something is going on.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in a new Pro2 for warranty work. The misalignment was outrageous.
I believe that I was not getting a complete 360 rotation.
I've heard reports from several people recently about new Pro2 having similar issues.
MP has had my camera almost a week now with no replacement on the way.

There are a few things you can do while scanning larger spaces to avoid misalignment or correct it before it gets out of hand. Let me know if you'd like to talk.
[Private Message me to chat by phone]
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hopefully they are on top of it.

Usually if your camera is under warranty, they would send you a replacement so you aren't without one. We have a lot of them, but it's only a certain amount that are playing up. I'm assuming it's a firmware issue.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
They created a shipping label for me last Thursday and it's still not been shipped. I'm grateful to another local MP provider for lending me their Pro2. I'd be in big trouble if I had to rely on the replacement from MP.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I've been experiencing the same shooting big box store. Got to the point where nothing would align anymore. Best I could get was one scan on the other side of the store would add in, but the next would not. Ended up loosing a few hours and taking the scan back about 20 scans before it started acting like normal again.

Even then, the floor plan quickly went off kilter again. The scans overlayed themselves and ended up fine in the final product. Super annoying how quickly they misalign on the floorplan view now.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Glad I'm not the only one. I'm doing an entire floor of an apartment building. Two floors actually. It's been a complete nightmare. Today I started using April tags all over the place. Way more than suggested by matterport. It seems to be helping a lot. But I'm still having a few issues here and there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
But how nice would it be for matterport to come up with something to make the April tags disappear in the final product
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post
101729 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?