Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.XYZAPICoordinatesGPSQuaternionSatelliteSDKSweep

Matterport sweep's coordinates and time stamp16132

Alexvr private msg quote post Address this user
For the use case I am working on, it is important to retain coordinates and time stamps of each individual sweep. Example: sweep 3 was taken at the point (x,y,z) on 12/27/2021 at 9:19:36.

I know how to get coordinates, but not sure what the origin is. I've seen in some docs, that the origin should be at the place of sweep 0. However, I see that coordinates of sweep 0 are always pretty close to 0, but never exactly 0. Does anyone know why?

Time stamps: Matterport SDK does not provide them. Is there any way to pull them from anywhere else (like scanning logs)?

Thanks,
Alex
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Alex,

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. And, thanks for your post.

Can you tell us the use-case for coordinates/time-stamp/date-stamp?

Perhaps there is another way to accomplish what you need.

For example, you can buy a separate device that tracks coordinates/time-stamp/date-stamp. (I have one for my Canon camera, for example.)

I will defer to others in the WGAN Forum - such as @JuMP - about if/how this info can be obtained from Matterport:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Alexvr
Time stamps: Matterport SDK does not provide them. Is there any way to pull them from anywhere else (like scanning logs)?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Alexvr private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan. I can't disclose the use-case I am working on.

Abstract scenario - there is a large industrial area where the environment state changes constantly. When a user looking at 3D model, they need to know exact time when each sweep was taken (e.g. for audit purposes).

Of course, there is always an option to record time of each sweep somewhere and then match it, but it introduces a risk of a human error.

What device do you use for tracking coordinates and time?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thank you for mention us to @Alexvr

@Alexvr Yes, you can get the capture time information if you look at the files that stored in ipad under Job folder.
After you export the jobs package, you will see lots files that end with .swl, each of them is the raw data of one sweep point. And the modify time of this file is the capture time that you required.
You can make a easy code to generate a list file with sweep name and its time.
The sweep name is same to the sweep ID that you can get from your showcase result.

BTW you get Position (xyz) from Matterport result already, but you may need Quaternion (xyzw) either for the direction of your panorama. Without the Quaternion you panorama from Matterport is not leveled.
If you want to talk more about it please PM me.

Thank you
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have always thought that coordinates you see when you press a "U" key to get a direct link are not relevant to a tour itself and are referring to a point inside each 360. So my guess apart from coordinates you are getting some id for an actual 360 sphere in which these coordinates are applied.

If I am right the direct link won't tell you a position of every sweep spot inside a tour but may be their circles can.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman When you click "U", you will get camera location xyz and camera direction (Quaternion) xyzw and the ID of this point. (Shorten URL will hide the location information and use two Euler rotation parameter to replace the four value of Quaternion rotation, and use No. to replace the real ID of the sweep)

The camera location xyz is same to the location of your capture point, but the Quaternion xyzw is used to rotate the cameras only.
The panorama was leveled already by Matterport showcase system used the sweep Quaternion xyzw value, it is different to the one by "U" click.

Show the panorama in right direction will make a right environment for you to see it in all direction.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexvr
What device do you use for tracking coordinates and time?

It's been 7+ years since I bought and used the Canon GPS device paired with my Canon 5D Mach 3 DSLR camera.

Here is a current GPS Receiver, as an example.

If you are interested in adding a standalone GPS receiver to your workflow, I suggest starting a new WGNA Forum discussion on this topic. There are a TON of these on the market.

(Indoors may be challenging. There may be GPS trackers designed for indoor use. Not my expertise.)

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101437 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?