Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECBLK360Leica BLK360MatterportWebinar

Free webinar: Using Leica BLK360 + Matterport for AEC Industries15856

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Dan delete it if you do not want it to be here but I think some of us can be interested in this free webinar run by a Leica Distributor in Australia

Using Leica BLK360 + Matterport for AEC Industries

It is a live webinar on Friday 29 October at 11am (AEDT).
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

Thanks for posting.

Can you try the link in an incognito window? I can't seem to get to the content.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

WGAN Free Service: Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live

WGAN-TV Live at 5 | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers)

Hi All,

1. When should you use a Leica BLK360 paired with Matterport?
2. When should I use each of the Leica BLK360 settings?
3. How far can Leica BLK360 scan locations be from each other within a Matterport digital twin?

These are 3 of 20 questions that I will ask Philadelphia-based Robotic Imaging Co-Founder Mike Chawaga (@MikeChawaga) on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 4 November 2021:

WGAN-TV Live at 5 | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers)

Other questions that I should ask Mike (@MikeChawaga) on the show about Matterport + Leica BLK360?

Best,

Dan

About Robotic Imagining (from the Robotic Imaging website)

What is Robotic Imaging?
Our team consists of reality capture technicians throughout the world digitizing the future of industrial, commercial and residential real estate. Robotic Imaging digitizes the world with high definition laser scanners and reality models online. Architects, Engineers, Construction, Developers and project stakeholders work with our data to accelerate real estate development and portfolio scalability.

How does Robotic Imaging work?
Request and scan and we will deploy Robotic Imaging on your site. LiDAR, Drones, BIM and VR are foundational for our applications.

How much does Robotic Imaging cost?
The more accurate to reality, the more time and cost. Our high definition laser scanning can collect LiDAR and colorized RGB values at a variety of densities specific to your project. Reach out for a quote: capture@roboimg.com

Where and When is Robotic Imaging available?
When your property is accessible, scanning can occur 24/7, on weekends, outside hours of operation and/or under specific certifications or procedures.

How did Robotic Imaging start?
Founded in Philadelphia by Real Estate Developers and Programmers. Reach out and connect with us: info@roboimg.com

Robotic Imaging Links

1. Robotic Imaging Website
2. Mike Chawaga LinkedIn Profile
3. Robotic Imaging Facebook Page
4. Robotic Imaging YouTube Channel
5. Robotic Imaging on Twitter: @RoboticImaging
6. Robotic Imaging on Instagram: roboticimaging
7. Contact Mike Chawaga: capture@roboimg.com

---

@Wingman

Do you have questions that you would like me to ask Philadelphia-based Robotic Imaging Co-Founder Mike Chawaga (@MikeChawaga) on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 4 November 2021?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
what time zone is live at 5?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Harrycayman

5 pm EDT (Eastern Time).

Thanks for planning to watch.

(Got any questions that I should ask my guest?)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Wingman

Thanks for posting.

Can you try the link in an incognito window? I can't seem to get to the content.

Dan

I am trying to copy the webinar registration link from my email. However since I have registered already their link leads me to Microsoft Teams page. I was hopping the link would work for others when I posted it. However I have just checked the link in Edge where I have no cookies or relevant data stored and it still sends me to the MTeams page.

If I cannot find the link that can let others register for it I will try to get access to the webinar after recording and post a link to it.

@Harrycayman: PAEDT is Australian Eastern Daylight time. If you need to convert it to PST this page should be able to help you with it
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/aedt-to-pst-converter
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
If I cannot find the link that can let others register for it I will try to get access to the webinar after recording and post a link to it.

Much thanks!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Thanks Wingman.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Apparently I cannot watch it myself. Something with Microsoft authorisation for my email. I have emailed them asking to provide a direct link.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi Wingman

If you get link please share. Even private message me if you have to.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
CRK has just sent me a link to their recorded webinar. I have not watched it yet myself but I will when I have more time

Video: Using Leica BLK360 and Matterport for AEC Industries. | Video courtesy of C.R Kennedy Geospatial YouTube Channel | 2 November 2021
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
CRK has just sent me a link to their recorded webinar. I have not watched it yet myself but I will when I have more time

Video: Using Leica BLK360 and Matterport for AEC Industries. | Video courtesy of C.R Kennedy Geospatial YouTube Channel | 2 November 2021

@Wingman

Thanks for sharing the video. Here's a transcript to help others find it.

Transcript (video above)

[00:00:09]
Johannes Kremer: Hi. Welcome to Matterport. My name is Johannes Kremer. I'm the APAC Channels Director based out of Singapore, our regional APAC headquarters. Matterport turned 10 years old last June. On the 23rd of July, we went IPO on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol MTTR. Currently, we have over 400,000 customers globally with over 5.6 million spaces under management.

Our reach covers over 150 countries, including 2018 APAC with over 40 distributors and resellers across the world.

Together with C.R. Kennedy, we are addressing the AEC, DBO vertical, and that's basic to manage the entire property lifecycle and it covers different use cases. It's a pleasure to welcome you to the webinar hosted by C.R. Kennedy, and we look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you.

[00:01:17]
Chang: Hi, guys. Welcome to C.R. Kennedy. My name is Chang, and today we're going to be talking about the Matterport Pro2 camera and the BLK360 system and how they integrate into the Matterport 3D tour system. The beauty of the Matterport 3D tour system is that, with the professional lawsuits or higher, you can use the Pro2 camera or the BLK360, and today we're just going to go through a bit of that and how you can use them either together or individually.

The Matterport Pro2 camera is going to be the perfect choice if you're going to be doing insurance on restorations, real estate Friday promotions, any type of radiators that require tight spaces or indoor use.

If you wanted to scan large areas or outdoor spaces, we highly recommend the lack of BLK360 disintegrates into the Matterport 3D tour system really easily. The video this as well, we can do some scanning outdoors and then bring the Matterport Pro2 camera for all your indoor shoot which will allow for your HDR photos.

[00:02:41]
G. Shrinivas: Hi, my name is G Shrinivas and I'm a Sales Engineer at Matterport. I would like to present to you how Matterport positions itself in the AEC industry. I'll quickly touch upon how professionals can streamline as well as scanning and the modeling processes, remotely inspect and collaborate, within the platform and how you can integrate Matterport solutions into existing workflows. What you see on your screen is Matterport digital twin of a site under construction.

Now underneath this photo-realistic digital tour is a dimensionally accurate 3D model. That's not just photographs, that is 3D data that is trapped underneath this high-resolution paranormal photographs and this end publicized customer.

Before we proceed, I want to highlight a few key value propositions and walk you through some of the features that make Matterport a market leader in creating massive digital twins. First and foremost, let's talk about remote inspection. Save time and costs on travel, ensure safety by adopting virtual sidewalks.

Now view these tours in the comfort of your home, either on your Mac, PC, iPad or even your smartphone. Take quick measurements like this and verify Site Details and ensure quality and the construction is made to use templates. Additional features like Meta tags lets you attach helpful information like photos, videos, even links to other Matterport tools. Advanced features like notes let you collaborate effectively, creating a bunch of lists or out of phase and you could even assign responsibilities to your subcons or stakeholders or internal team members.

For example, I'm just tagging myself here, but I will receive an email with the link, and if I click on to that link, it will show me this particular view. Following this case, I want talk about this, how easy it is to document construction progress. As you would see, deploying Matterport Capture space is easy and Matterport does all the stitching the packet, hence you can document construction progress across multiple phases, keep track of key project milestones and seamlessly share with relevant stakeholders.

This particular video by our partner showcases how they used VR environment to visualize the different stages of construction. Though VR is a nice touch, the key takeaway is that they could scan the site multiple times while comparing equipped design drawings.

Here we see the As-Built conditions and they started at stage zero for PC and now they've scandal captured through different construction milestones, capturing the heating coils and meterflow.

Other MEP tends to support the ceiling and pin a triangle. Now I want to touch upon how Matterport support scattered build workflows, users can order Matterport for space, which Matterport generates automatically.

The Matterport is abundant that contains registered XYZ point cloud and OBJ mesh files. Importing these pre-registered XYZ file into recap converts your XYZ file to [inaudible 00:06:29] with just a few clicks.

Now the advantage of this is that Revit allows users to insert our CP files. From here on, you can build your Revit from scratch. It's reconsidered, use it for clash detection, among many other [inaudible 00:06:48]. Quickly skipping over a few parts of this video, I would like to highlight how seamless it is to extract 3D data and convert it to a whole company turn or a pin model.

Apart from Matterport, we have recently launched our scan-to-BIM services. Customers cannot purchase a Revit model, readability model for the Matterport space. But the timeline to process the files and price depends on the size of the space.

In addition to these, there's an option to purchase 2D vector for plants. Matterport supports a range of cameras depending on the use case, as a matter of fact, one of your accounting, one in your pocket right now. Matterport support certain 360 cameras from instant rico, and iOS and Android smartphones.

But I would like to highlight Matterport Pro2 and [inaudible 00:07:55] IPLK 360, which is more relevant to this code, as it supports pin workflows. These devices are complimentary and can be used interchangeably to capture single-space. Combining these, users can deliver both speed and accuracy and take a lot spaces for these.

[00:08:18]
Mark Teo: Hey everyone, I trust that all of you here are safe and doing well. Thank you, C.R. Kennedy for this opportunity to share the Matterport Platform Partner Program.

My name is Mark, Partnership Director for APAC, and I'm based out of Singapore and responsible for driving technology partnership, focusing on platform, system integrator and alliances. Today we have over 150 platform partners globally and 30 based out of APAC. In the next few minutes, I'm going to share the Matterport Platform Partner Program, and usually I'd like to start with why.

Some of you here are using applications developed on API SDK, and some of you are supporting customers that are using applications that are built on API SDK as well. Why platform partner? Firstly, they are able to understand customer viewing pinpoint, develop innovative solution to help overcome business challenges and deliver positive outcome.

In addition, platform partner create new revenue stream by developing new apps. Lastly, acquiring new customers in new industry and the ability to create stickiness with your customers. For example, using Matterport SDK to integrate IoT solutions on top of Matterport in massive 3D solution. Matterport has set up a team that is dedicated to manage the developer community and is content.

This help to empower developer community to create innovative app. Developing on Matterport is easy and straightforward. Everything you need, such as master coding, training, the reference material and examples.

This is not just the tool for software developer company. As an enterprise, there are opportunity to use our API SDK for workflow integration and development of private tab. Similarly, we are collaborating in this community to create value added application that leveraged on models and data.

I'm not going to cover that technically dish of the API SDK for today's session. However, our dimension tool use cases to help you understand better.

These are some of the use cases where we have collaborate with Platform partner to build new experiences on top of Matterport model. The first use case is for just staging. The app itself is able to import images of the furniture and you can arrange the furniture in an empty space. This helps customers to visualize and help to utilize the space.

Next, we have a grocery hub, where you can see a 2D penogram and convert that into a 3D penogram format.

We tell us such as, woollies cause bindings. You can now visualize and plan your space utilization and plan your promotions that campaign even better. There is a long list of SDK available here which you can unlock values for your customers and can enhance customers experience.

I'm going to wrap up with this last slide. If you're interested to partner with us, simply reach out to us and sign up as a platform partner. We will provide you the sandbox access to jumpstart your development work. Both API token, SDK keys will be assigned to you when you're onboarding successfully as a authorized platform partner.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Wingman

Any additional questions that I should ask my guest, Philadelphia-based Robotic Imaging Co-Founder Mike Chawaga (@MikeChawaga), today, Thursday (4 November 2021) on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

WGAN-TV | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers)

1. What is a Leica BLK360?
2. What are typical use cases for Matterport + Leica BLK360?
3. Can you show an example of a Matterport digital twin shot only with a Leica BLK360?
4. Can you show an example of a Matterport digital twin that that shot with both a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Leica BLK360?
5. What are the advantages of a Leica BLK360 over a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?
6. What problems does using a Leica BLK360 (versus a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera) solve?
7. How far apart can you do Matterport scans with a Leica BLK360?
8. How do you set up the gear? (Leica BLK360 + Tripod)
9. How do you pair Matterport Capture with a Leica BLK360?
10. When shooting a Matterport digital twin, can you switch between a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera; Leica BLK360?
11. What are the different settings on a Leica BLK360?
12. How do you decide "which settings" to use with a Leica BLK360?
13. Do you sell Leica BLK360s?
14. How much do Leica BLK360s cost?
15. What's included with a BLK360? (Software?)
16. What FAQs do you get about Leica BLK360?
17. What FAQs do you get about Matterport + Leica BLK360?
18. Why can you charge more for Matterport digital twins shot with a Leica BLK360 than Matterport only?
19. What is a Matterport MatterPak?
20. How is the Matterport MatterPak used?

Thanks,

Dan

Post 13 IP   flag post
101641 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?