Where 3D Capture and Real Estate Media Pros
Learn What’s Working and Find Their Next Job
What a shoot actually costs you
Giraffe360 Gaussian Splats
Last 24 Hours: 353 Unique Visitors
9,542 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 14,380 Page Views | 9,508 Unique Visitors | 17 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Doors

My tip of the week: How to Open/Close Doors1523

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm doing this little house. There is a door to garage which I wanted to show in the initial view but then close so as not to ugly up the room views. Closed the door after 1st scan then moved camera to kitchen, maybe 5 feet. No alignment. So I marked the open door as a window (I had no intention of going into the garage) and it scanned perfectly.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Are you clairvoyant? I've been working up the nerve to ask this exact question. Now I don't have to. But here is a similar one. If you initially open the door then close it in subsequent scans, can you still access the space if you wanted to?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Usually not, unless the closed door scans are sufficiently far enough away so the opening mesh is not filled in. Something like 15 feet at least.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
thanks for the great tip! @HarlanHambright
Post 4 • IP   flag post
108427 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?