Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Amazon Prime DayCaseMatterport BlogPro2Pro3Sales

Question of the Day: Does this sale price mean a MP Pro3 is imminent?15119

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport Blog | 16 June 2021

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 16 June 2021:

Does this sale price mean a Matterport Pro3 3D Camera is imminent?

The Matterport Pro2 3D Camera is typically listed for sale at $3,395. And, always seems to be always available at $2,995.

So, to see the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera priced at $2,395 is $600 less than what's typically offers. Plus, includes this hard case ($259) at no charge.

The sale price will only be "available for 48 hours on June 21 and 22, 2021," according to this Matterport blog post today (16 June 2021):

Matterport Blog (16 June 2021) Don’t Miss Out On Our Exclusive, 48-Hour Amazon Prime Day Promotion
Get the Matterport Pro2 3D camera bundled with our new portable hard case for 35% off!

Based on the price of $2,396 - which is $600 less than I've seen in the last 12 months AND includes a hard case listed at $259 - that feels real savings of $859.

That steep of discount has me wondering, does this sale price mean a Matterport Pro3 3D Camera is imminent?

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

P.S. If you need a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera now, I would take advantage of this ...

Matterport Blog (16 June 2021) Don’t Miss Out On Our Exclusive, 48-Hour Amazon Prime Day Promotion
Get the Matterport Pro2 3D camera bundled with our new portable hard case for 35% off!

... but, I would sell the case (above) and buy one of these cases (below) that I helped design that does NOT include carrying the tripod in the case. It's just too heavy to carry the tripod in the case with the camera.

Free! WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership when you use this WGAN affiliate link to buy any My Case Builder case for $150 or more. WGAN.INFO/MyCaseBuilder
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
We will find out tomorrow... they have a big surprise for us.... 10 year anniversary gift. Either a beating and the theft of more customers or something shiny and fun like a new camera. Or marketing behaving badly with an app store and predators being set loose in the captive market to shake us down for more loose change.

Just did a TOS update today..... didn't see any real magic other than looks like they laid the legal footing to block any sort of 3rd party front-end for viewing tours.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As much as I want to see a pro3 that will see further and works in sunlight I do not believe they can have much of a success selling a pro2 with any discount and announcing a new Pro3 camera at the same time. That would be silly from a marketing point of few unless a pro3 is significantly more expensive and some may be pushed to buy a pro2 with this great discount because they can never afford to buy a pro3.

I hope I am wrong and their "magic" word in their announcement is related to a new camera.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Brian,

Just saw your post on laying the work for front ends. Will have to look again at the TOS. Why offer an SDK if they block it's use? Guess they may plan to capture part of the front ends revenue stream.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Why not both?

New camera announcement!!

But wait, you suckers can only LEASE the camera and we will keep jacking the costs the more we suck you in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangreul
We will find out tomorrow... they have a big surprise for us.... 10 year anniversary gift. Either a beating and the theft of more customers or something shiny and fun like a new camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
No matter how you look at any offer from MP, you always have to remember that your are renting this device even though you have paid outright for the camera. Remember the camera is useless without a monthly subscription although it makes a great doorstop . Stop paying MP's monthly fees on any of their cameras even a possible wiz-bang-do-it-all MP 3 and you are screwed and all of your hard work and customers go DARK unless your poor customers wants to pick up the monthly bill.

Just imagine if Canon or Nikon did the same thing. Only MP can pull this off but for how long as more solutions come on line which YOU the Service Provider or customer truly owns.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + Free Hard Case Offer

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + Free Hard Case Offer [Does not include the tripod and quick release plate]

Hi All,

Please see above about how to receive a free hard case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?