Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 31 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CommentarySneaky

Good News! Matterport will pay you $10 for creating Matterport Digital Twin14961

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from from Matterport eNewsletter received Monday, 24 May 2021

Hi All,

Good News!

Matterport will pay you $10 for creating a Matterport Digital Twin.

According to the Matterport promotion:

A digital twin for a reward
We get excited to see what our customers capture with Matterport for iPhone. Create a digital twin using just your iPhone and share your first upload with us today for a $10 digital Starbucks gift card.

I agree to allow Matterport the right to use the model(s) I am submitting or have submitted, which includes all images and videos, for use in Matterport's promotional materials, without payment or any other consideration.

I affirm that I own all rights necessary for such permission to the model(s) including images and videos. By checking this box, I also agree to Matterport's Submission Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy.

And, yes, I am being sarcastic: which is highly unusual (for me).

Unfortunately, the Matterport team is not being mindful that photographers like me find it offensive that our intellectual property is being "stolen" for $10.

Matterport
: if you want to incentive someone to take Matterport Capture for a spin and pay a $10 gift card, that's great. BUT, it's super-insensitive to have the photographer sign-over all the rights.

Matterporters: Do you agree - or disagree – with me?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I personally, do not like the quality of the iOS capture so, I wouldn't want to attach my name to it and have someone think this is the quality of work that I deliver ~ this is aimed more at the consumer facing side of Matterport's business model ~ I seriously doubt many professionals are going to be that hard up for a cup of Joe to spend the time to capture quality iOS captured model

But, I have been wrong in the past
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch I've deleted it but I did a demo scan in my place with a pro 2, Theta Z1 and iPad pro, connected of course in the capture app. I looked at the capture app and the iPad scans were a blithering mess. I'm sure the latest iPhone does a much better job but no comparo in my books. We're pros, mediocre is a no go.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

I tried a couple iOS captures & the alignment was atrocious

Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
They must rather spend that $10 one paying more sales staff to call our customers than launch this crap
Post 5 IP   flag post
101633 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?