Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Matterport Sets Scanning Pricing: Good or Bad Idea?14888

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport: Capture Services: Placing Your Order | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 May 2021

Question of the Day: Matterport Sets Scanning Pricing: Good or Bad Idea?

Hi All,

Matterport Capture Services for anyone to order a Matterport digital twin launched today (Friday, 14 May 2021): initially in select markets. For details please see video above and screen grabs here:

==>Video: Matterport Launches Capture Services for Individuals in Some Markets

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 14 May 2021:

Is it a good or bad idea that Matterport sets the pricing for Matterport scans around the globe?

Bonus Question:

Is Matterport Capture Services a threat or an opportunity to your business?

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab 1 (eblast received from Matterport Friday, 14 May 2021)

Screen Grab 2 (Matterport link)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting that Matterport is double dipping. Charging the end user for the capture of the tour and for an account.

It appears that they are more or less charging market rate for the capturing of the space. So, I do not see this as a threat to my business as geography will be an issue for them here and the fact that other services like real video or traditional stills or aerial services are not offered. When I turned down the opportunity to join this program YOU as the service provider could NOT provide these services to Matterport's client. Also, if the client was unhappy with the tour for any reason you had to go back and re-shoot the tour at your own expense not that I wouldn't do that for my clients I just have more wiggle room without Matterport picking my pocket as an independent contractor
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Where I really see them getting traction will be in the commercial arena in larger Metros
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
It compromises the laws of supply and demand. In other words ultimately it deters new technicians from entering the market because of low returns and large liability (large insurance contracts are necessary to take part). Matterport will ultimately find that it will have to employ technicians directly to continue this method which is something very unlikely.

The concept of employing the Uber Eats method of business expansion is ridiculous in an industry that requires much higher overheads and a higher degree of professionalism.

Finally for industries outside of high turn over used home markets it discourages innovation. Matterport's recent support of SDK developers that are frequently mentioned here is undercut when the base income of scanning is degraded to the point that no one wants to take the risk of innovating.

My opinion is that Matterport has an amazimg platform and their efforts to support development should be accompanied by an effort to stay out of execution. Laissez Faire is the way to grow!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
How is this market rate, at least in NYC? The calculated rate for Matterport's example of $1110 is only $0.08/SF, and that's for a commercial space. Now imagine if that fee also includes some sort of base or admin fee, thereby reducing the principle price point...It behooves one to wonder how much a service provider can really make scanning a space.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Shakoure

$.08 to $.10 has been more or less the national average for the last few years.

I do not price per foot I price in SqFt brackets. I also bundle services like traditional stills, video, aerial & Zillow’s 3D home tours
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Shakoure they are counting on the person operating the camera to be bad with math
Post 7 IP   flag post
101428 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?