Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InfringementPhishingQuestionsScam

Pay for License infringement phishing email to Client?14879

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
A client got a phishing email - as I can't imagine in any way shape or form this is not a Nigerian hustle but ok - anyone know about this?

http://tourtechnologysoftware.com

I suggest typing in this address yourself as god only knows who I am either ! but this is the site listed on the email demanding money for patten infringement. But we have more!

the founder's name on that website yielded this based on location and name and year I'd say probably one in the same. Scammer through and through.

https://www.qchron.com/editions/eastern/queens-village-real-estate-broker-cited-in-alleged-scam/article_08045de3-5765-55e0-a77d-dac0e85d8b10.html

there's more too - a pdf of the patten which is interesting to look at but really says nothing other then photogrammetry.

Any one else experience this? My client is a large NGO so kind of not cool but I think they get it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SpencerLasky

Can you send either the email - or a link to this discussion - to Matterport Support and see what they say (and report back)?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I will - in the mean time I've found out for a photo grammetry group that is is a known agitator and since we've found the former action taken by the attorney general it seems clear this is a phisher, scammer. But sure I'll reach out to matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SpencerLasky

May be helpful to your client if you can get an official statement from Matterport?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
This has been around a few years. Just like the invoices for domain renewals
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
We have discussed it many times here. They are kind of legit but sent by jerks to wrong people to scare them & pay. They know that any 360 tour tech provider can infringe this patent but chasing photographers & their clients because they will probably loose everything trying to sue for example Matterport.

You client simply needs to ask to send an official letter via post. They can say they do not trust emails and believe they are trying to scam them. Totally legal request.

Even at this point they may give up as it is nothing for them to send emails but a letter will take time and money.

At least this way the client will acknowledge receiving it and legally they have responded to it asking for more proof. If they receive the official letter the client can confirm it via email and say that they have not created a tour and have no idea that somebody is using a patented technology so the client is going to pass it to a photographer but the tour will stay until they are absolutely sure it is a case with the patent infringement.

Then if a photographer replies the same way also demanding an official letter via post again they can repeat the same now referring to Matterport.

If you exhaust them with these legal demands they will for sure give up.. If it comes to Matterport that not your client and your problem anymore. That is kind of a stupid idea to chase photographers and their clients. However I do not think it is done out of stupidity.. they are just trying to scare small people with big legal actions.

P.S. I am not a lawyer .. so it is not a legal advice.. just a hint how make these guys to work harder and get nothing from it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101433 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?