Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansiGuideiGUIDE PLANIXPlatformsVersus

iGUIDE Interactive 2D/3D Floor Plans versus Matterport 2D Floor Plans14400

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: iGUIDE Floor Plan Options: Standard and Premium and available in 8 color-coded configurations

Screen Grab: iGUIDE PLANIX 2D Floor Plan Example (additional pages)

Matterport 2D Schematic Floor Plan Example (Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement (17 November 2020) requires Matterport logo - and "powered by" – not be removed)

Screen Grab: Matterport Floor Plan View

Video: IGUIDE 3D Virtual Tour & Camera System - Floor Plans, Room Dimensions, Square Footage | Video courtesy of the iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 1 March 2021

Video: iGUIDE Viewer | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 21 February 2021

Video: iGUIDE Advanced Measurements | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 14 November 2019

Video: Using iGUIDE Advanced Measurements | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 14 November 2019

Video: First Look at iGUIDE on a VR Headset | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 21 April 2017

Video: iGUIDE Export to Floorplanner Platform | | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 23 June 2020

iGUIDE PLANIX Sample 3D Tour and with Interactive Floor Plan courtesy of iGUIDE | 2D Schematic Floor Plans
https://youriguide.com/pla_1_608_jones_st_e_st_marys_on/doc/floorplan_imperial_en.pdf

iGUIDE Interactive 2D/3D Floor Plans versus Matterport 2D Floor Plans

Hi All,

If dimensionally accurate floor plans – and other floor plan features – matter to you, iGUIDE 2D schematic floor plans beat Matterport 2D floor plans.

First, some examples of iGUIDE Interactive 2D/3D Floor Plans and Matterport 2D Floor Plans:

1. iGUIDE PLANIX Floor Plan Example
2. iGUIDE Interactive Floor Plan Example
3. iGUIDE VR Example
4. Matterport Floor Plan Example

iGUIDE Interactive 2D/3D Floor Plans versus Matterport 2D Floor Plans

1. super-accurate 2D floor plans: .05% versus dimensional uncertainty with Matterport
2. iGUIDE Interactive 2D Floor Plan integrated into iGUIDE Viewer versus Matterport floor plan view
3. Super-accurate measurements within iGUIDE 3D tour view (LiDAR versus structured light)
4. iGUIDE Floor plans available in 8 color-coded configurations (Matterport are B&W)
5. iGUIDE floor plans available in JPG, DXF, PDF, SVG versus Matterport’s PNG, PDF, SVG
6. iGUIDE interactive floor plans within a VR Headset experience (video)
7. iGUIDE floor plans can be easily exported to Floorplanner 2D/3D floor plan platform
8. iGUIDE floor plans offers DIY virtual staging via easily export floor plans to Floorplanner
9. iGUIDE content delivery system to make it easy to deliver floor plans
10. iGUIDE floor plans do not include an iGUIDE logo: Matterport floors require Matterport logo

While Matterport likely win when an Xactimate is called for (via Matterport TruePlan), iGUIDE does offer a detailed floor plan - with measurements - that may be sufficient.

What questions do you have about iGUIDE Interactive 2D/3D Floor Plans versus Matterport 2D Floor Plans?

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Floor Plans
Interactive Floor Plans
Floor Plan View
iGUIDE
iGUIDE PLANIX
Versus
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kilt private msg quote post Address this user
Price comparison. And matterport true does not xactimate sinc I am told. Any thoughts on storage of data pricing to retain scans?
Post 2 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
I could be completely off base but this company might not have any real world experience with the Z1.

1. The base is very large and too close to the bottom of the Z1 creating an enormous nadir.
2. Without an extension the USB-C port can not be accessed for charging on site. (I use a battery connected to my Z1 for longer shoots.

Just my two cents worth. Exactly worth what you paid for it.

Chuck

P.S. I keep seeing "Rumors of a Z2" Any real intel on that?

Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck I agree with size but I think the Z1 actually plugs into the base unit and uses the battery to extend its battery life.
Post 4 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 That would be great about the plug. Possibly a 4" extension that has an inch USB-C to connect.

Just a thought.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: iGUIDE Processing Rate Card | No subscription Charges!

@Kilt

About iGUIDE versus Matterport floor plan pricing; here is a screen grab from the iGUIDE Processing Rating Card page. There are no subscription charges. This page also compares the iGUIDE to the Premium iGUIDE.

iGUIDE includes floor plans. For clarification, there is no separate floor plan fee. Matterport charges a minimum of $69 per month for the tier that includes the option to buy floor plans ($14.99) provided that the shoot was done with a Matterport Pro2 or BLK360. (Pricing as of 10 March 2021)

Regarding storage, I recall that iGUIDE includes one year of storage. I also understand that iGUIDE has continued to store content for years (without an additional charge). Perhaps iGUIDE Sales Team Member @andriystrebkov can confirm this ...

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious where is the value with the "core" attachment for the Z1? I shoot Zillow 3D tours and their floor plans are what they are. They require only the floor marker placement for 1 scan and it's done. I will say it's taking me close to a week to get the deliverable from Zillow and sure aren't as comprehensive or accurate as InsideMaps. I use InsideMaps for a corporate client and am really impressed with the InsideMaps deliverable. My experience is they're within 3% of the subjects GLA. I rarely shoot Matterport so perhaps the iGuide Planix product isn't geared to my needs and usage. Asteroom, iStaging, EyeSpy 360, my360 are just a few that offer floor plan options for a minimal fee or free so where is the value in the Planix add-on product...is it just for floor plans?
Post 7 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
BOMA requires 2% max GLA error for commercial real estate. I would say that at 3% your client is exposing themselves to a liability and their tenants can come after them for years of overcharged rent. Who will your corporate client be going after in that case?

Planix (and IMS-5) provide typical floor area (square footage) uncertainty of 1% or less (and 0.5% for linear measurements) even for larger spaces due to time-of-flight laser scanner which has a measurement uncertainty that does not grow with distance. Actually, % uncertainty typically gets smaller for larger spaces when using lidars. More on that here: https://goiguide.com/3d-tour-technology

While iGUIDE guaranteed turnaround time is the next day, we are in the process of testing continuous delivery where customers already can sometimes get their iGUIDEs within couple hours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
@Alex_iGuide I do not scan commercial real estate only residential so perhaps the accuracy rate for my clients needs aren't as exact as commercial real estate clients. My previous question was only posed as a determinant to my needs. I've said before in this forum I am very intrigued with the Planix product though it must play a role in either value, deliverable or workflow. I'm looking forward to @DanSmigrod segment Live at Five segment on March 18 to learn more about the product.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101736 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?