Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Connecting 360's14356

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Quick question. Is there a way to connect the 360's? I will take multiple 360's and would like to be able to move from one to the other not having to go to the model.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl

What tour platform are you trying to create a tour with
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I commonly use a combination of Matterport, Zillow 3D Home Tours, & CloudPano. Depending on the project/budget.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@grmngrl

What tour platform are you trying to create a tour with
It is a Matterport Tour with exterior 360's and needs to be Matterport only.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@grmngrl

360 Views can be a handful I try to use them sparingly as you have no "Real" control of how they appear in the space. I often will opt to switch over to the one of my Z1's if needed to capture the exterior spaces
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
In this example I used the Pro2 for the interior of the Home & Shop but, used the Z1 to bridge the span between the 2 structures

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
@grmngrl

360 Views can be a handful I try to use them sparingly as you have no "Real" control of how they appear in the space. I often will opt to switch over to the one of my Z1's if needed to capture the exterior spaces

Ok, that is a good idea. So, there is no way to connect them correct. I am just trying to find out if I missed something.

Thanks for your help!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@grmngrl

Correct, as of today there is no way to pin one 360 view to another
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
@grmngrl

Correct, as of today there is no way to pin one 360 view to another
Thanks again!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Not a problem
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Technically you can link 360s. This tour was done before Matterport started screwing up with 360 and inside icons and you can still jump from one 360 to another but direction was totally screwed up by all updates that Matterport did since this tour was created.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EjKcDzFpCNK&hl=1&sr=-2.28,1.27&ss=190
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Because Matterport do realtime leveling to their panos during showcase played.
All panos from Matterport point to the direction when you captured them (The start direction of the Matterport Camera when you click scan button).
So if you get the panos from Matterport showcase and want to link them with right direction,
you must do the realtime leveling either.
If your platform can not support realtime leveling, you should pre-leveling all panos.
JuMP team provide panos generation and pre-leveling services either.
With pre-leveling all your panos will point to the same direction and without any level problem.
So you can just JuMP from one location to another, that is it.

@lilnitsch With pre-leveled panos and the right location information of each pano, you can pin all panos for sure.

PM JuMP for detail.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl BTW the 360 only points can be manually leveled/placed and put together with all 3D points if you use a 3rd party pano platform.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Technically you can link 360s. This tour was done before Matterport started screwing up with 360 and inside icons and you can still jump from one 360 to another but direction was totally screwed up by all updates that Matterport did since this tour was created.

Thanks for answering. That's what I was looking for. The icons do appear automatically when placing the 360's, correct?
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
Because Matterport do realtime leveling to their panos during showcase played.
All panos from Matterport point to the direction when you captured them (The start direction of the Matterport Camera when you click scan button).
So if you get the panos from Matterport showcase and want to link them with right direction,
you must do the realtime leveling either.
If your platform can not support realtime leveling, you should pre-leveling all panos.

We are talking about Matterport only so it is only Matterport platform.
Matterport claims that a heading of 360 will be as they shot and I often do a 360 for a property tour that is close to a street it is located on. I ut a camera near a street, point it to a property and scan at least for one 360. When I place the 360 on a minimap that where things get wrong. Without fixing it with rotation which rotates both 360 and inside icons these icons are often placed incorrectly in relation to internal scans when you place the 360 on the minimap. In other words you place the 360, anchor it to a garage door for example and then you can only find the 360 icon on a different front wall , outside of a property on its side. I would say in most cases it will never be placed on a garage door. The same will happen with its inside icon.

When I created the tour I show above it was as easy as placing 360s on minimap manually where you think they were taken and heading of each would do the best with their icons and it worked. Now the only way to control both 360 and inside icons position is to rotate a view of each 360 where these icons have been placed incorrectly. It has nothing to do with leveling, it is more likely that matterport have done something weird with heading.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
Quote:

Thanks for answering. That's what I was looking for. The icons do appear automatically when placing the 360's, correct?

We are past beyond that time when it worked without extra work. However with some extra time you can place 360 one after each other on minimap, line them up in a path and then use rotation of each 360 to control position of their icons. Not sure of what it will look now since Matterport has started showing icons from behind a property while you are standing at the front of it but at least walking away from a property internal scans can be done through a series of lined up 360s.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thank you! I appreciate your help.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101436 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?