Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FireFloorInsuranceInsurance ClaimsTruePlanXactimate

Signed up , but can't use Asteroom14342

Swinc20022002 private msg quote post Address this user
Because Asteroom is basically for Realtors I can not use this service so I need a camera system that will support my work as a Public Insurance adjuster. I need to be able to take a tour to include measurements.

What 360 camera will do this and will it send my tours to Dropbox for review?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Service Providers: Understanding Matterport and Xactimate for Insurance Adjusting with Omaha, Nebraska-based Property Damage Estimating Services Owner Jacek Kazimierz Latarewicz (@Jacek)

Matterport digital twin of a house file. Matterport tour courtesy of Pearland, TX-based A Public Adjuster Group LLC (Randell Smith)

WGAN-TV: Matterport Meets and and Flood Insurance Claims: Remediation and Restoration with Matterport Director, Business Development and Head of Partnerships and New Market Development Tomer Poran (Thursday, 7 November 2019)

Video: Shop Talk 15: All about TruePlan™ | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 January 2021

to see the Matterport TruePlan™ (for Xactimate), please see this Matterport Support page (You can also download the TruePlan XKX file samples). Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of Matterport. Sign-up for Matterport TruePlan™ public Beta.

@Swinc20022002

Thank you for joining the WGAN Community.

Asteroom 3D Tour platform works great for real estate agents and real estate photographers. And, while you can take measurements in Asteroom, it's likely not a great choice for a public insurance adjuster like you.

It's likely that the Matterport platform is exactly the right solution for you.

While you can use a Ricoh Theta Z1 to create Matterport tours, because accuracy of measurements is important to public insurance adjusters like you, I recommend that you use a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Initially, you might engage a Matterport Service Provider and ask to watch the workflow. That likely will help you decide if you want to buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera or continue to engage a Matterport Service Provider.

Additionally, Matterport offers a TruePlan which can be imported into Xactimate which likely will dramatically speed-up your workflow (and also enable you to do remote adjusting.

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Transcript: WGAN-TV | MSPs: Matterport & Xactimate for Insurance Adjusting
Transcript: Matterport Insurance Claims: Flood/Fire Remediation/Restoration
Public Insurance Adjusting Company using Matterport to Document Prop Damage
6 Videos: Matterport for Insurance & Restoration
Transcript: WGAN-TV | How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 Camera
Transcript: Matterport Webinar: Matterport TruePlan™ (Xactimate)

WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged

TruePlan
Xactimate
Insurance
Insurance Adjusters
Insurance Claims Settlement
Flood
Fire
Remediation
Renovation

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank You for your quick reply.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Swinc20022002

You're welcome. The two WGAN-TV Live at 5 shows (above) will likely make it super-easy to get up-to-speed on Matterport for insurance adjusting. Plus, the additional resources above will help you get started.

Where there are 50+ 3D/360 cameras and 170+ 3D/360 virtual tour platforms/software, Matterport is exactly the solution that you are seeking. I do recommend that you get started by engaging a Matterport Service Provider. That will help you decide if you want to buy Matterport and Related Gear.

Whether you outsource of DIY Matterport, this course is exactly right for a public adjuster using Matterport:

Save $125 on Actionable Insights Matterport Certified-AIMC Training Course

And ...

Are you thinking about buying a Matterport Pro2 Camera for the first time?

Dan

P.S. I added more to my first post above.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I was hoping I could work my way up to buying a Matterport but I guess for now I WILL JUST HIRE SOMEONE TO DO FOR NOW.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?