Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ObjectionsQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Handling objection that "the house will sell anyway"?14340

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 26 February 2021:

How do you handle the objection "the house will sell anyway"?

This question was inspired today's (26 February 2021) news:

Redfin: 43% of homes spent a week or less on the market

And my WGAN-TV Live at 5 interview with REALTOR Brandon Doyle where he discusses this objection at length.

Transcript: WGAN-TV 74 Reasons Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
But will is sell at the highest price possible? Matterport studies show that homes with virtual tours sell for an average of 9% more than those without. For a 3,000 sf home, a $350 investment in a virtual tour will generate an additional $35,000 in sales price for the seller and $1,050 more commission. A pretty good ROI.
https://www.trueview360s.com/the-mathematics-of-virtual-tour/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
I love statistics!!!
"homes with virtual tours sell for an average of 9% more than those without"
What a load of codswallop (No idea if that translates but the Brits will get it).
1)There is no control sample presented

2)Without a control sample and measurement sample any statistic can pretty much compare homes sold in low cost areas to homes sold in Belair (Only posh place I know in the US and purely because of Will Smith).

3)Only my opinion but he likelihood is that homes that invest in virtual tours have a higher intrinsic value than those that don't and would most likely achieve the 9% with or without...and many other factors.

What drives this 9% difference...are people buying on the basis of a tour or is it fuelling competition between buyers who then go on to a physical visit?

The only sensible thing you could do to prove this point is to put a selection of the same houses on the market twice...once with a tour and once without, otherwise the statistic presented is utterly irrelevant.

And I bet if you do that there won't be a 9% difference in price.
Post 3 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
So you will bet against a $2.3 billion company? Not me. I'll use it. Results from two different researchers show that Matterport 3D virtual walkthroughs can have a measurable effect on real estate transactions.

https://matterport.com/blog/3d-tours-properties-sell-31-faster-and-higher-price

Common sense tells you that the more exposure you can get for a property, the more people will be interested and therefor you can expect competition and higher prices for most properties.
Post 4 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
Our business shot up like a rocket, but then died down when the Realtors came to the conclusion that the houses sell no matter what. Time on the market is sometimes listed in hours, not days. It is a tough sell right now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
The house will sell anyway!

True, but it will frequently sell for more with professional images.
Why? FOMO.

When buyers are making an offer they will be influenced by how excited they were to go see the home. This will be affected by high quality marketing. their offers will tend to be higher when they see evidence that lots of other people are excited too. When they see lots of cards on the counter of a just listed house, they know they need to make a very strong offer if they want the house.

Also- and much more important to the listing agent's pocket book is the fact that when 102 Apple Street hits the market, someone in that neighborhood is also thinking about listing. They will look over the listing for 102 Apple closely. TRUST ME- they are WAY MORE likely to call the agent with knock-out marketing.

If you wanna be a PRO, hire a PRO.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I think a smart agent can sell a property very well even without a tour if they use all means to show it to as many people as they can using social and may be even paid ads. However they still will leave behind those who are far away and simply cannot buy something that expensive using just photos or videos.

I would say that even with a lazy agent who does not do any social advertisement a property still has a better chance to be sold for more just with a listing on MLS if a tour attached to it. Remote buyers will still go through MLS listings and properties with tours will be their first priority. They may not buy it unseen but at least if they like it they can fly to a location and inspect it in person.

We have some area in Queensland booming now.. Sunshine Coast. It was quite expensive before COVID but now some Sydney residents with their quite high median house prices looking for interstate relocation. Considering that some really old crappy houses in Sydney can cost $1.5-2M and this amount of money can get them a bigger newer house even in Noosa Heads not far away from beaches on Sunshine Coast no surprise many want to relocate.
Even in my area which is just 11km from CBD $2M can give a buyer almost a mansion and it can even come with an acreage block.

Will they do property tours there to reach more buyers from Sydney? Nope, they still won't. It seems that some agents can not get a simple idea that the more people will see a property even when there is a boom already the more agents will sell it for.

The last time I was asked to scan a property was 6 weeks ago. I even cannot catch one agent who wanted to do a tour for his client. He has sold one property with my tour, he knows how easy it is to do even on a very busy and noisy road. He asked me before Christmas and we postponed it after NY. Since then I cannot reach him.

However there is a huge business demand for tours. It may still hard to find a client yourself but there are companies that will hire you regularly to scan for their own clients to be part of theoi product. I have found one.. or to be exact they have found me.. And straight away after signing an agreement with them I got two jobs. now two more are coming. And that's only a start... they have launched their product in Australia recently and it seems some specific businesses really like their product and want to jump on board with them.

Sorry cannot say what it is, just saying keep looking or at least do whatever it takes to be found on Google.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101422 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?