Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3i INSITEDigital TwinsFacilities ManagementPlatformsVideo

Video>Seoul-based 3i INSITE 3D Spatial Platform for Creating Digital Twins14312

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: INSITE - Enterprise-grade digital twin platform | Video courtesy of 3i Inc. YouTube Channel | 24 February 2021

Hi All,

If you are a Matterport Service Provider, this video from Seoul, South Korea based 3i about it's INSITE 3D spacial data digital twin platform for facilities management for enterprise will make your head spin!

3i promotes its INSITE solution for:

1. Site Survey
2. Collaboration
3. Navigation
4. Documentation

3i Website
3i INSITE Website
3i LinkedIn

Your thoughts?

(I could imagine that Matterport would take issue with 3i's claim that its INSITE platform is the leader in intelligent 3D spatial mapping and rendering.)

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

Ken Kim: 3i Inc. Founder and CEO
It costs a lot to move people around, especially today, but when it comes to visiting physical spaces there is no effective alternative. You either go there or not.

Narrator:
The recent development of COVID-19 has had a huge impact on how we communicate and do business. Travel restrictions, social distancing, and concerns for our wellbeing are creating a need to bridge that gap between the real and digital worlds.

Ken Kim:
That is why we need to bring space to people. We need an entirely new language, more contexture and more immersive, the digital twin.

Narrator:
Ken Kim is the CEO of 3i Inc. This innovative company is creating digital twins for indoor spaces to facilitate remote project management and collaboration.

Ken Kim:
Our digital twin is a virtual replica of a built environment, like a house or a factory. It is a blank canvas for people to access and share information more naturally like they would in real life. We enable companies to create their own Google Street View, but for their indoor spaces. By doing this teams can connect together remotely. This prevents miscommunication, reworks, and boost companies' efficiency.

Yoichi Taguchi, Innovation Center, Business Produce, Senior Manager, NTT Communications
NTT Communications is also aiming to create digital twins of its facilities. We met Ken though our Open Innovation program called ExTorch, and are now co-creating the tool to support this ambition. As ICT provider and owner of telecom infrastructures, we are now using INSIGT in NTT data centers and office buildings as a Proof of Concept, Worldwide.

Ken Kim:
Our digital twin technologies will serve as a map for existing corporate data. It will become a common interface for people and machines to understand each other and the world around them. It will also power new applications, augmented reality, robotics, autonomous vehicle, indoor. The possibilities are endless.

Yoichi Taguchi:
By replacing traditional photographic reports with this 3D View, we are now able to depict the actual situation on the field with a greater sense of realism. As result, meetings can be held remotely without having to go to the site. Additionally, we are planning to use it for employee training as well as a marketing tool for our clients.

Narrator:
3i.ai is the leader in intelligent 3D spatial mapping and rendering. Specializing in indoor spaces this innovative company created 3i INSITE, the ultimate 3D intelligence platform for facility management.

Ken Kim:
INSITE is a next-generation 3D spatial platform to virtually teleport anyone to remote environments like a factory or data center or a construction site. Buildings can easily be digitized with our camera, accessible in 360 degrees. It like a satellite for indoor spaces where GPS is often absent. As a result, anyone can fit all their facilities into the palm of their hands.

Yoichi Taguchi:
Using this technology, we can easily unlock the information flow from the real space to the virtual space enabling us to smoothly conduct on-site surveys even amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, thus demonstrating the usefulness of this technology for creating digital twins, from now on.

Narrator:
3i INSITE is connecting people and places remotely through 3D intelligence.

Ken Kim:
Because of the increased risk and cost of traveling, especially during a global crisis, it will be much more difficult to physically go anywhere and collaborate. People have heavily adopted video call but it does not solve the problem of building management. INSITE is like a 3D Zoom call. It is designed to capture the essence of the space so that people can come together from anywhere in the world. INSITE was made for that, it connects people and places.

Narrator:
Find out how you can manage buildings, documents, and teams like never before go to 3i.ai now.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
very cool...is there a viewable demo?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@foxwrth13

Can you ask for an i3 INSITE demo and report back with your thoughts?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
Sure, already submitted the form
Post 4 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
I also have some clients that are builders. I'm going to share the page and video with them
Post 5 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
I spoke to someone at the company last night. We are setting up a demo as soon as possible. Hopefully tomorrow. I also showed the video to a construction company who asked ..."how soon can I have this???"

I'll report back as soon as I know more

JR
Post 6 IP   flag post
101428 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?