Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHow ToIndustryInsurance

Advice on landing insurance company gigs?14200

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Any threads or best practices regarding how to pitch Matterport to Insurance companies?

Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Service Providers: Understanding Matterport and Xactimate for Insurance Adjusting with Omaha, Nebraska-based Property Damage Estimating Services Owner Jacek Kazimierz Latarewicz (@Jacek)

Matterport digital twin of a house file. Matterport tour courtesy of Pearland, TX-based A Public Adjuster Group LLC (Randell Smith)

Matterport TruePlan Xactimate Sketch courtesy of Omaha, Nebraska-based Property Damage Estimating Services Owner @Jacek Kazimierz Latarewicz

@Shawn_P

Here's a start:

Transcript: WGAN-TV | MSPs: Matterport & Xactimate for Insurance Adjusting
Transcript: Matterport Insurance Claims: Flood/Fire Remediation/Restoration
Transcript: WGAN-TV: Matterport Meets Insurance Underwriting and Risk Mgmt

I could imagine that some WGAN Forum Members can give additional thoughts on this topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks Dan!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a fire damage property I scanned and it remarkably shows where the fire intrusion went. I was able to climb up into the rafters, check it out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

Can you talk about how you got your client for fire damage claims and settlement?

Have you tried an Ann On of a Matterport TruePlan that can be uploaded into Xactimate?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks and I just got a call out of the blue one day for the above scan, and a contractor was trying to figure out a better way to estimate all the damage. With the 3D scans not only were they able to see the full extent of the damage but a determination of where the fire started and where it eventually went up to.

My customer told me basically fire insurance adjusters have normally relied on blown up images, but when they saw the Matterport scan it blew them away.

I've still not worked with xactimate but I am planning on enrolling in the Matterport class soon, because this definitely has value points for claims adjusters.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101730 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?