Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Going PublicMTTRQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Have you/will you buy stock in Matterport (MTTR)?14189

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: 11:34 am EST Tuesday, 9 February 2021 | Gores Holdings V1 Inc.

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 9 February 2021:

Have you/will you buy stock in Gores Holdings VI Inc.?

The stock was trading at $15.10 today (11:38 am EST, Tuesday, 9 February 2021): up from $10.72 on Friday, 5 February 2021) prior to Monday's news that Matterport is going public via Gores Holding VI Inc. That's a 40 percent rise likely based on the Matterport/GHVI news Monday.

PR Newswire (8 February 2021) Matterport, The Spatial Data Company Leading The Digital Transformation Of The Built World, Announces Proposed Business Combination With Gores Holdings VI

Best,

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Question of the Day was inspired by this WGAN Forum post by @3dVuz

Just Saw This on my ETrade page - Regarding the Matterport Acquisition

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Going Public
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
If I were to be investing I would be investing in the patents and their ability to manipulate the stock short term so the pre-merger investors can make a graceful (and profitable) exit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Bought immediately at 12.75. Did good today
Post 3 IP   flag post
jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought in as well!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Gores Holdings VI, Inc. (GHVIU) as of 9:10 am EST Thursday, 11 February 2021

Hi All,

I bought 100+ shares of Gores Holdings VI, Inc. Wednesday (10 February 2021) at $20.15 per share.

I made this purchase to receive all shareholder documents so help me report to the WGAN Community my thoughts about Matterport Going Public via a merger with Gores Holdings VI, Inc. (GHVIU)

I also can experience the ups and downs with you.

Kindly do not buy, sell or hold, based on my purchase.

What have you decided (and why)? Are you buying Gores Holdings VI, Inc.?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
✓ Market Realist (10 February 2021) Matterport Plans to Go Public, GHIV SPAC Stock Is a Buy Before the Merger

From Market Realist:

After a record year in 2020, the U.S. IPO market is looking strong in 2021. Real estate VR (virtual reality) company Matterport plans to go public and announced a merger with Gores Holding VI (GHVI). GHVI is a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) started by Gores Group. The group has successfully taken many companies public including Luminar. Should you buy GHIV SPAC stock before it merges with Matterport?

The valuation that Matterport has managed to command in the merger deal is way above its valuation in the private market. According to data from PitchBook, the company was valued at only $355 million after a funding round in March 2019. The merger with GHVI values the company at over eight times that valuation.

Matterport monetizes data through the SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) model and reported a 500 percent increase in subscribers in 2020. Its revenues in the year rose 87 percent to $85.9 million, which would mean a 2020 price-to-sales multiple of 33.7x. The multiples aren't high considering what some of the other tech companies like Snowflake are trading at. Overall, GHIV looks like a good SPAC stock to buy before it merges with Matterport.

Source: Market Realist

---

I encourage you to read the entire article. What are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Let’s contextualise this. Uber lost 6.8 BILLION in 2020. Matterport is similarly a unicorn, exactly like UBER and TSLA in that they compete only against their latest innovations, (and puffed up user stats). Anyone who doesn’t buy now (but bought a camera) has questionable analytical skills.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
✓ The Motley Fool (11 February 2021) This SPAC Could Be the Best Stock Of the Decade - Digitizing real estate could be big business.

From The Motley Fool

I don't usually get excited about IPOs or special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) mergers because they often come with more uncertainty and risk than I want to take on as an investor. But every once in a while, there's a company that hits the market that I see as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

That's why this week's announcement that Matterport will merge with Gores Holdings VI (NASDAQ:GHVI) had me extremely excited. Matterport has built incredibly powerful technology for the real estate market, and its spacial data business is just starting to scratch the surface of its potential.

I don't know if Matterport will hit any of the projections it laid out in a presentation to investors, like $747 million in revenue and 73% gross margin in 2025, up from an estimated $86 million in revenue for 2020 and a 56% gross margin. Even if it doesn't hit those numbers, I think the company has the potential to be a very high-growth stock with a massive market to grow into. For long-term investors, this is the kind of company that could be the best stock of the next decade.

Source: The Motley Fool

I encourage you to read the entire story.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: 3:25 pm EST Wednesday, 17 February 2021 | Gores Holdings V1 Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @sandhun
Real estate agents in the UK claim property is selling easily without the use of Matterport, so they're reluctant to pay for it. It's a dead end.

Non real estate clients I offered the service to were interested in CAD drawings and Matterpaks, but when they got the output from a Matterpak they lost interest. Another dead end.

Other businesses would rather buy the camera themselves than hire a third party to produce a model.

So overall Matterport probably has a bright future but sadly I can't see much of a future for MSP's.

Would you guys buy the stock?

Deadnsyde seemed quite positive about it on his channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUylr0ch_Q

Video: Could This Be The Best Stock Of The Decade? | Video courtesy of Deadsyde YouTube Channel | 17 February 2021

@sandhun

Wish it was better news for you.

And, thanks for sharing the video (above).

I wonder if the 22,024 views is why the stock hit 20.04 during trading today, Wednesday, 17 2021 ...

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: 6:09 EST Friday, 19 February 2021 | Gores Holdings V1 Inc.

@3dVuz

Gores Holding VI - soon to be Matterport - closed up 24.23 percent today at 26.10 (Friday, 19 February 2021).

That's more than double what you paid just days ago.

Please remember me when you are rich and famous and on the cover of The Wall Street Journal.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Harvard Business Review (18 February 2021) The SPAC Bubble Is About to Burst
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
https://news.crunchbase.com/news/the-market-minute-will-spacs-outpace-traditional-ipos-this-year/
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3664028-spac-gores-holdings-vi-jumps-after-cnbc-commentator-pitches
Post 13 IP   flag post
My GHVI is up 79%. The best part is that it’s just getting started. The fact this stock will at least short time rise dramatically is easily predictable.

What I find remarkable is the Matterport community mostly thinking that because their experience with Matterport is poor, the stock would not perform. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Wednesday, 24 February 2021 (after market closed)

Screen Grab: Wednesday, 24 February 2021 (after market closed)

Hi All,

Goes Holdings VI, Inc. dropped 6.13 percent today Wednesday, 24 February 2021. GHVIU dropped 24 percent since my previous post: $19.92 today from 26.10 (five days ago; see previous post above); despite the Dow Jones setting a new record high today (see screen grab above).

@Axis360Media

I could imagine swings like this could give potential investors pause ...

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I think we are just seeing normal fluctuations leading up to the finalization of the merger. I bought more when it dipped.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Axis360Media

Do you have a price that you will:

1. buy?
2. sell?

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Confronting the CEO of Matterport [My Next 3x Stock]. | Video courtesy of Meet Kevin | 24 February 2021 (36,235 views as of 10 am EST Thursday, 25 February 2021)

Here are my notes from watching this interview:

"Meet Kevin" Livestream Discussion: Matterport CEO RJ Pittman [$GHVI Stock]

Note: This was a love fest than "confronting"

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
First off, Matterport must think we are stupid thinking we would believe “Kevin” isn’t their latest PR stunt to sell more cameras. Hope it works (for the stock)!

I don’t have a sell price but consider Matterport to be a “unicorn” like Tesla and Uber. They don’t need earnings to soar sky high. I would like to see a share price in the $100’s before I consider selling. After all I used my “GameStop fortune” for my initial investment so it’s not money intended for a bill.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I may think about buying 1000 at $10-12 per share but I need to find where as I do not have a trading account. May be open one with my bank as it is easy to move funds around.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I like that this stock is showing some volatility with the normal market fluctuations. For example I bought more today at a deep discount to the $28 high we saw a few days ago. I believe that $28 is a preview of what the merger has in store.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

10:30 am EST Thursday, 4 March 2021

Wow!

Gores Holdings VI is like a rollercoaster: first the big climb; now the steep decline.

I wonder what's up?

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN Forum Related Discussion:

GHVI Stock Tumbling

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
It does not look like it is going to grow at least until it falls back to $10-11 or even $4-5 which is less likely.

There is a head & shoulders pattern appearing on their chart. According to this pattern behaviour it should return back to the read line shown on the graph below, bounce from it again down and fall the full lenth of the length located above the red line. In a line graphic representation a fall should be about $5-6 from 16.80 as for now. Volumes increases shown on the last 4 days while stock was falling is also an indicator of a strong downtrend
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The Motley Fool (14 March 2021) 2 SPAC Stocks That Could Be 10-Baggers
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
CNBC (4 March 2021) SPACs are becoming less of a sure thing as the deals get stranger, shares roll over

AXIOS (4 March 2021) Why fears of a SPAC bubble may be overblown

Daily Journal Online (4 March 2021) Should You Buy SPACs After Their Crash?
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Is MATTERPORT The Next 15x SPAC? | What You Should Know About GHVI Stock SPAC Merger | MTTR Stock | Video courtesy of Couch Investor YouTube Channel | 14 February 2021

The Motley Fool (6 March 2021) Is Matterport the Next 15x SPAC?
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Back to that H&S pattern. It is playing well and it has even come up to test the line, bounced from it and going down now. I would say it is confirming a possible drop in the stock price to at least $11.70

See the updated graph.

Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Matterport Job Opening:

Matterport Vice President, Investor Relations & Treasury

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: eBlast received Thursday, 18 March 2021

---

Everything Communicators Need to Know About SPACs | 1 pm EDT Wednesday, 25 March 2021

Register for Free Business Wire Webinar
Post 30 IP   flag post
101749 454 30