Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Going Public

GHVI Stock Tumbling14381

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else wishing they had sold their GHVI shares on February 18th?

Wondering what's with the price decline as of late?

I guess the good news is that I likely won't be forced 30 days after a merger to exercise the extra warrants I had purchased with the GHVIW stock (they'd have to be trading for $18.00 per share for an average of 20 days out of 30 for the company to force a call redemption).

Personally I do think that Matterport has a tremendous upside so I will ride this out.

If anyone missed in before stock went crazy the first wave, now might be the time to invest.

Anyone have further insights into the movement of the stock right now?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah...I'm not too happy at the moment. I even talked others into buying. I may buy some more...but will prob see how far this "crash" goes
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a merger is about to go belly up
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_P
Sounds like a merger is about to go belly up

Really? Where'd you come across info on that?
Post 4 IP   flag post
As recently as yesterday there's SEC reports on merger details:

clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

10:30 am EST Thursday, 4 March 2021

Wow!

Gores Holdings VI is like a rollercoaster: first the big climb; now the steep decline.

I wonder what's up?

Dan

@Queen_City_3D Thanks for the SEC report link!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D a stock that's going the other direction maybe.
Post 7 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Gores Holdings VI, Inc. is registered with the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and incorporated in the state of Delaware. Gores Holdings VI, Inc is primarily in the business of blank checks.

Focusing on the last two words above, "blank checks," is a pretty good indication their primary line of business is going the way of the buggy whip. No idea why GHVI has dropped so much since their 2/22/21 high of $28, but clearly the market doesn't like them much.

Buying more could be similar to catching a falling knife. Based on what's happened in the Nasdaq, there are many, many other opportunities that are much better investments. For my part, I treated GHVI like so many Chinese stocks. I don't like China, so I don't buy Chinese stocks. I feel same about Matterport or anything they touch.

But, that's just me :-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
This is similar to what happened with Churchill Capitol iv stock with the lucid motors talk. I held off on buying either stocks in Churchill and Gore because I was reading up on it and several experts were advising NOT to buy until after the mergers went through and they had their own ticker because this type of thing always happens. I'll wait until then and even shortly after as most start high briefly then drop. An example is Bumble Inc. Started at $70/share first day of trading and went up briefly then dropped and is currently sitting below that. Granted it will potentially rise but thats part of the stock game.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Yahoo Finance | 5:40 pm EST Thursday, 4 March 2021
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
CNBC (10:16 am EST | 4 March 2021) SPACs are becoming less of a sure thing as the deals get stranger, shares roll over

"The proprietary CNBC SPAC 50 index, which tracks the 50 largest U.S.-based pre-merger blank-check deals by market cap, dropped more than 15% in the past two weeks, giving up all of its 2021 gains," says CNBC.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
CNBC (10:16 am EST | 4 March 2021) SPACs are becoming less of a sure thing as the deals get stranger, shares roll over

"The proprietary CNBC SPAC 50 index, which tracks the 50 largest U.S.-based pre-merger blank-check deals by market cap, dropped more than 15% in the past two weeks, giving up all of its 2021 gains," says CNBC.

I did a lot of reading up on SPACs, and I can see the advantage to companies utilizing them to go public, but on the flip side I also agree that there are some ridiculous acquisitions happening. I think some of these Blank Cheque companies start to panic that they've raised all this capital and now have to find a valid business to buy and some seem to be grasping at straws. That said, when you see the growth potential of Matterport, I do feel the GHVI merger is a strong one.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

Also from the CNBC link: SPACs are becoming less of a sure thing as the deals get stranger, shares roll over

"Faced with intense competition, deadline pressure and a volatile market, some SPACs had to settle for less ideal targets, and in some cases, throw their entire blueprint out the window."

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101641 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?