Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasMalfunctionMatterportPro2ProblemsSensor Fault Error

Matterport : Sensor Fault14145

ChuckJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks !
Yesterday, while I was scanning, my MC250 pro suddenly stop working and displayed an error, something like « hardware error » « sensor fault » « contact support »
I contacted Matterport but it takes a while to get a reply from them. I tried to reboot the camera a couple times but it doesn’t fix the issue. I guess I will have to ship it to Matterport...
Has anyone experienced a similar problem ? How did you solve it, how much did it cost ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
avatron private msg quote post Address this user
Hi There,

Good luck! I had the same issue with MC200. It took 3 e-mail, several phone calls and 2,5 weeks to get reply from them.
End of the day they quote me 700 USD plus shipping. They were ask me to send back the camera and as soon as they received it they sent a replacement, refurbished camera.

Be careful as they are tricky! Ask a full comprehensive quote including VAT and all charges. I received the quote for 700 USD + shipping. They charge me for double shipping and also they added VAT on it. So make sure they write down the figures that you need to pay!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I own a 2016 Pro 1 which has periodically displayed "sensor error" I think it said. Rebooting the camera has always worked for fixing it. Just my experience.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Chuck -

At MatterFix.io We offer repair services for Matterport cameras. Email me via info@matterfix.io or message me if you want to discuss your issue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Live at 5: Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce | Wednesday, 11 November 2020

@ChuckJ

Oh! That's not good!

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce

MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce helps you identify these Matterport Pro Camera failures:

1. Damaged WiFi and/or GPS antennas
2. Housing damage
3. Battery issues
4. Board level component damage (micro-soldering)
5. Failed DIY repair attempt
6. Charging port problems
7. Needs total disassembly, re-assembly and testing
8. Stepper motor and/or rotator gearbox
9. Sensor errors
10. Camera / sensor assembly

Our discussion included:

1. How and why Mike decided to offer Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera repairs
2. Repair Pricing
3. One-year Warrantee
4. Free! 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy with @MatterFix Repair of $250+ for WGAN Forum Members

I hope the above is helpful to you.

Best,

Dan

P.S. ...

Free! 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership with repairs of $250 or more.

Flat Fee $250 Repair! - Introductory special - Flat fee repair price of $250! If your camera has one or two of these common problems, we will repair it for $250: (If we cannot fix your camera, we do not charge you anything (some issues can only be taken care of by sending your camera to Matterport).)
Post 5 IP   flag post
BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
Had the same issue the other day on my first scan with a brand new pro2. Was able to get the support on the phone and they said it’s a common problem. Turning the camera off and back on should fix it. That did work for me eventually but it happened a number of times causing at least a 30 minute delay. Support said as long as when it’s turned off and turned back on it works again then there’s nothing they can do. Very frustrating that high feel like I have a ticking time bomb on my hands and one day it could just not work when I restart it. The support person seemed to think that because it’s a known issue and restarting it usually works that it’s acceptable and I should just expect that to happen. Hopefully it won’t happen again or often, but for all I know it could happen every time I scan.
Post 6 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
happened to my out of warranty pro2 week before last. Normal method is ship camera then they ship a refurb for $700. After much cajoling I got them to rush the replacement (I ate the Fedex) then I shipped busted one back in the nice box they sent. I had several jobs scheduled. They don't normally do this apparently but the fact I have an enterprise account seemed to carry some weight. I finished the one job I was working on when the Pro2 died, so I shot it with my new phone. Today I reshot that job with the replacement Pro2. Phone result was sketchy. As a future solution to this potential problem, I'm looking to buy a backup Pro2 from someone who wants to offload one. But is MatterFix can solve, I'd recommend that, don't know turnaround time that way. The $700 was worth it to me to get up and running again.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Since i am in Turkey, and having 3 Pr2 camera, i had to solve my problems myself. Cencor fault was one of them which i solved surprisingly. This is how:
I had battery problem with one of my camera. (One of the battery was off) Than i took it to one of my tecnician friend . While he was chainging the battery, he also just tried to check the cables and reconnect them( there are usd cables conecting cencors to mainboard) . And cencor fauld has fixed . I have used that camera more than 10 job. It just works fine. However one need some basic technical knowledge to open the camera. I did it later on myself to change the batteries again.

I hope this helps.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?