WGAN-TV How to Shoot and Create InsideMaps 3D Tours for Free with an iPhone-#1690-What Are The InsideMaps Key Points with InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe) and InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler | Thursday, 3 December 2020

InsideMaps 3D Tour courtesy of InsideMaps. (Shot with an iPhone 11)

Video: Why iPhones Enables Free/Affordable 3D Tours via InsideMaps

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1690, above), InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler describes how iPhones enables free/affordable 3D Tours via InsideMaps.

To watch my entire interview with InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe) and InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler - please see:

Transcript: WGAN-TV How to Shoot/Create Free InsideMaps 3D Tours with iPhone

Your thoughts?

Happy New Year,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussion

InsideMaps: Shot with iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR (Beta): Dollhouse and Transitions
InsideMaps 3D Tour Displayed within WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
InsideMaps + iPhone 12Pro + Rotator = 3D Tours for Free (Early Access)
WGAN-TV Training U: WGAN-TV How to Shoot/Create Free InsideMaps 3D Tours
Borrow an InsideMaps HERO Rotator from WGAN to Shoot with your iPhone

Transcript (Video Above)

- So what's changed to make InsideMaps interested in more mainstream customers like professional real estate photographers and 3D tour providers?

- Sure, Jörgen, do you want to talk a little bit about what's new with us? You're on mute.

- Yeah, so the past year we've been working a lot on our tech and a lot with machine learning. And what we have been able to do now lately is to push some of that technology to the device, to the extent where we have so much technology running on the iPhone that we can produce a 3D tour from the phone itself.

So that enables us to offer, I think, offer a really compelling platform for photographers having a future-proof iPhone that they can shoot their 3D tours with. DSLRs, I mean, point and shoot cameras have already been replaced by mobile phones and they are now also replacing DSLRs. With InsideMaps, we believe there is no need, and these other big bulky cameras will be pushed to a niche market.

And if you're doing more 3D tours and addressing a bigger market, the iPhone is the way to go. The other thing we have is also identified some features that we think photographers are looking for, like customizing the tours and so on.

But also our overall lower cost of both the hardware investment and the cost of processing the tours, I think is compelling for the photographers.

And then on top of that, we have some services that we provide for our enterprise customers that we believe can be interesting for photographers. We have blue-sky replacement and fast turn around of floor plans and other services.

And of course, another interesting development is the LiDAR now with iPhone 12, which allows us to do a very compelling birds-eye-view of the property using the iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR.

- I just got my iPhone 12 Pro, so I'm super-excited to take InsideMaps for a spin and understand how this LiDAR thing fits into real estate photography with InsideMaps.