Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
17HatsAccountingAutomated BillingHostingMoonClerkQuickbooksRecurring RevenueStripeWave

Anyone found an easy way to accurately bill for Matterport hosting?13804

Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Yep! That's what I need an easy system to accurately bill, record payments and record expiration days for Matterport hosting.

It seems to me that charging for hosting is going to be a necessity for those who aspire to do volume. I sure can't afford to host hundreds and hundreds of tours at no charge indefinitely. But, it can't be time consuming or you won't make any profit off your monthly intake...

Any brainstorms?

All I have come up with so far...

1- create timed automated payment reminder emails to go out 3 1/2 months after the shoot date. (We offer 4 months free hosting). Agents will be told to reply if they need to continue hosting, then we invoice via Quickbooks.
2- Scans would be stored in folders in Matterport according to their month of expiration.

No payment, you're archived.

It's not bad, but there has to be something more elegant.

I really don't know why Matterport hasn't created an internal system for this. I'd gladly kick them 10% of my hosting fees.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
Going over this process right now with our programmer and wishing there was something a bit easier to work with on the Matterport side also for logging and designating an orders hosting parameters and status. (i.e. Hasn't sold, rental, back on the market, etc) We have a similar length of time in place for basic hosting periods and an automated system that will email the client as it nears expiration and marks tours that have had the time extended. We're on a classic plan however and the whole issue of archiving and transferring orders back and forth from the new professional plan we have is still up in the air fee-wise which is stalling the final price tiers for extensions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do prefer charge annually and everybody who needs to pay usually pay that way. At least I do not have to deal with micropayments every month. I am loosing $60 on annual hosting but I only do them once a year for every client.

However if I had to do it monthly something like square or paypal should handle it easy. You can setup a recurring payment with them and they will be sending out invoices and reminders. Then if somebody's not paying you will see it in your square/paypal account as the invoices that are past due date.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1 | Page 1 of 2 of MoonClerk Payment Link

Screen Grab 1 | Page 2 of 2 of MoonClerk Payment Link

@Expertise

We Get Around Atlanta uses a combination of MoonClerk and Stripe to get 1x payments AND recurring revenue.

The above is a duplicate of a recent client project with the client info redacted.

(We used a different camera and platform than Matterport for project that requires ongoing hosting for a non residential real estate client.)

In the screen grabs above (live link), you will see that:

1. balance due on the shoot/tour creation is: $1,377.50
2. includes Annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance 1 December 2020 through 30 November 2021
3. recurring annual charge for Annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance is $895.50 starting 1 December 2021 ($75 per month)

Takeaways From Above

1. Get the client signed up for Annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance when the balance is due on the project
2. Client can always cancel Annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance
3. No need for us to keep track when Annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance expires
4. Stripe is linked to our business checking account and funds collected are automatically deposited
5. Using MoonClerk just takes minutes to create a custom 1x payment and monthly or annual recurring charges
6. Eliminates the need for reminder emails to me to charge for monthly, quarterly or annual payments
7. Bookkeeper easily knows the kinds of payments (important because we are on accrual accounting)
8. No need to sort tours by month that the hosting expires

I could imagine that you have some concern about getting the client to commit to recurring charges at the time that you bill the 1x charges. From the client's perspective, you are making it super-easy not to have a gap in Hosting, Support and Maintenance; charged to credit card (they get their frequent flyer points) or to their bank account; less paperwork for them. Plus, note that we include Hosting, Support and Maintenance: not just hosting.

Does this help?

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance
Question of the Day: What tool(s) do you use to automated recurring billing?
Accounting and Invoicing Software for Real Estate Photographers
Question of the Day: Solutions for automating Monthly or Annual Billing?
Automated Billing
Tip: How to do automatic monthly billing

WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged

MoonClerk
Stripe
Automated Billing
Recurring Revenue
Accounting
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hmmm... Moonclerk.

Thinking out loud here:

OK, so we could set agents/builders up to have recurring billing every 4 months after shoot date.

We'd have to make sure that the name/address of the scan was part of your invoice.

We'd have to have some kind of pricing tiers?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise

With MoonClerk, you can (easily) create:

1. Unique payment links for each clients
2. Set frequency (such as monthly, quarterly, yearly)
3. Include the name/address of the scan
4. Have multiple pricing displayed for pricing (let client choose pricing option)

I MoonClerk because I have flexible it is to create custom billing links that are unique to a project.

Dan

P.S. This is my affiliate link for MoonClerk ...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks, Dan. This might be the way to go.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101629 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?