Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360MatterportPricingRecurring Revenue

Is it standard within the industry to charge clients a monthly hosting fee?13657

peanutismint private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just getting started with 3D scanning/making 360º virtual tours. I use an Insta360 ONE X and mainly Matterport for hosting, but I am also considering other providers.

I'm planning to offer services to both high-volume users (real estate listings) as well as 'one-time' customers like churches, museums, bars etc. where I might only ever scan their business once.

I've heard a lot of people talk about charging a monthly fee for Matterport/whatever hosting service you use, but obviously that works a bit differently for one-time venues who might keep using the tour/paying monthly for 10 years, VS a real estate listing that might only be up for a few weeks.

How do people treat these very different models as far as pricing goes? I admit, it would be great to have a residual $10 a month or whatever coming in from multiple different customers, some of which would go to the hosting provider but some of which would go back into my business, but is that a fair expectation or am I misunderstanding how the industry typically charges clients??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
If you don’t charge hosting you won’t make it long term. Nothing of value is free.
Post 2 IP   flag post
peanutismint private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the advice but I’m not asking whether or not to charge hosting, but rather how much to charge/whether to make it different for one-off customers VS recurring listings such as in real estate?
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?