Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Tall Tripod

Taller tripod for Leica BLK360?13381

AnjumDesign private msg quote post Address this user
I have recently acquired BLK360. Looking to buy taller tripod with minimum height of 3m [nearly 10 feet]. Looking for recommendations?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AnjumDesign

Congrats on your BLK360. Exciting! Please do share some of your BLK360 meets Matterport work in a new WGAN Forum topic.

Here are WGAN Forum posts tagged: Tall Tripod

From this WGAN Forum discussion is this example:

Ideas to scan large exploded truck

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ahojman
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987
@ahojman this looks like about the toughest job I have ever seen to do with Matterport. I would check on renting a Leica Blk360 and use @MeshImages idea of rent a tripod that will elevat your camera above it and thru the maze of wires holding up the parts. But if your going to use Pro1 I definitly use elevated tripod. They make one with hand crank so you can raise or lower it for easy access and moving it. You can rent them at most large land survey companies. Please keep use posted on out come and work flow.

Ron,
I live in Argentina.
Here you can find iron, wood, wine, friends, no much more than that.

I will try to do some captures on Saturday with my Insta 360 One X and see if it works for them.
I made a "DIY tripod" at the past to have 2 extra meters, but I think this is too much.
Here you can see my "invention":

And, from the same discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages

This is the Manfrotto high stand, Manfrotto 269BU 4-Sections Super Stand, here is a link to the manfrotto website and there is also the 269 Giant stand, which is even higher (which I have not worked with)

I have the 269 Super Stand with wheels attached and a clamp to fix the Matterport Camera.

It is heavy and you will probably need assistance. If you move it, be careful, it may be shaking. This is why I have attached wheels. And please make sure to use a very good clamp, too. I use it with a RRS

And, from this WGAN Forum discussion:

How to do a Matterport scan when the place has a high ceiling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcoastan
Yes, it help me so much Dan. Thank you for your explanation. I'll try it.
How about if I use boom machine like this?

is the machine will be appear in the image?

--

@SpencerLasky may have some additional ideas?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
There's this one (on my dream/christmas/to buy list) :
https://www.gitzo.com/ca-fr/trepied-systematic-serie-5-grande-taille-6-sections-gt5563gs/

It's pretty $$$ and it's on backorder.

If you buy it for your project and want to get rid of it afterward, I'll buy it off you with a 20% discount! Deal?

Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Check out this super-tall tripod in this article:

PetaPixel (3 November 2020) This $22,000 Photobook of the Sistine Chapel Was Made with 270,000 Photos

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from Adorama

Hi All,

The very tall tripod in the PetaPixel photo is this one. Unfortunately, at its fully extended setting, it can old support 2.2 lbs. (Matterport Pro2 camera is 6.5 lbs.)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5