Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugCapture AppHelp WantedHow To

On capture app, scan number goes back to earlier number, repeating it.13344

WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I need your help, I am doing a big project that involves 800 to 1000 scans (first one so big), and I come across a problem (twice now), that I have never come across before.

On the capture app my last scan is numbered 525 for instance and it has a bright blue circle indicating it as my last scan, but the number of scans actually done is only 402 for instance, then as I try to do next scan I can see that my number of actually scans done has gone up by one to 403 but my last scan on the capture app is still 525 and is still highlighted as bright blue circle.
After some investigation I found out that the last scan done was dropped on the incorrect place (missaligned)and instead of being given number 526, it was named has number 390 for instance (repeating the number order again), and is not shown in bright blue, but in normal blue, making the job of finding it a nightmare.

The way I found to sort this out was once I found it where it was misplaced was by doing 136 scans in the same place and when I reached scan number 527 he then grabbed the bright blue circle around it, and then I had to delete those 136 scans, which as you can imagine was very time consuming.

Now I have the same problem for no apparent reason again, but this time the difference in numbers is almost of 300 scans and I can´t afford to waste any more time to sort it this way again, so if someone has come across this problem, please let me know why it is happening, and what is the best way to fix it.
Thank you so much in advance, all the best and keep safe, 
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
don't worry about it. matterport knows where everything is. my 1030 scan hotel did this several times. it is not a thing to be concerned with.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
don't worry about it. matterport knows where everything is. my 1030 scan hotel did this several times. it is not a thing to be concerned with.

I am concerned as my project is a site over 12.000 square meters and every time I have a misalignment I lose hours trying to find where it went, as it does not show the circle of it in bright blue (last scan).
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, when you have a packed screen the errant scan can take a while to find. Matterport: make the last scan orange or pink or something! Zoom in and scroll around, you’ll find it!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101736 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?