Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomFeedbackFirst Matterport TourMatterportNewbiesRicoh Theta Z1

First Matterport Tour - Feedback, advice and suggestions are welcomed.13290

tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I have little experience with Matterport thought I'd give it a try. I used the Theta Z1 with the monopod at 53" to the top of the camera. I did learn I needed many more scans with Matterport vs the others and the battery life of the Z1 is short lived. The battery was fully charged when I started and approx 70% after this 2111 sq ft house.

Post 1 IP   flag post
home01 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, nice house. thanks for sharing.
recommend adding room labels to the floor plan and 3D model.

However, I am still confused: did you use Theta Z1 or Matterport or both cameras to create this 3D model. I do not think battery life is an issue, since I am a home owner and new to this photography business (yes, still have a lot of furniture in the house, can they be edited out), I have plenty of time to recharge my battery. Faisal
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I might raise the monopod a bit ~ I would consider more scan positions

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@tmroberts

Thank you for sharing your first Matterport tour (and asking for feedback).

Nice job!

I liked how:

1. you trimmed the space.
2. how you kept the Ricoh Theta Z1 camera out of the bathroom mirror

Suggestions

1. Include your contact info in the top left information panel. It might generate an in-bound client.
2. Dollhouse view shows a "black hole" in the bathroom. That looks like it happened because you only did one 360 in the bathroom. Tip: Shoot another shot at least 4 feet away and then hide the scan in Matterport Workshop. This will make your Dollhouse look nicer. (same in the pantry)

Note

It's interesting that Matterport enables the ruler (give that it presently does not offer 2D schematic floor plans for spaces that were created with a Ricoh Theta Z1.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tmroberts

So you can see the same model as an Asteroom 24/7 Open House Virtual Tour: (Tip: use fewer 360s)

1. Here's how to get your 1st Asteroom Pay Per Tour Free
2. Here's how to get your 1st 360 within an Asteroom tour virtually staged for free. (Expired 31 Oct 2020)

How to Create an Asteroom using 360s Shot by a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (Z1 works too)

Going forward, Asteroom Pay Per Tours - including 6 months hosting - is $49.99 for WGAN Forum Members.

Plus, the Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle includes Floor Plans.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Since you mentioned battery life using a Ricoh Theta Z1

Identical Tours: Matterport (73 scans) Versus Asteroom (20 360s)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

@home01 - I only used the Theta Z1. I don't have, nor plan, to acquire the Matterport Pro 2 as virtual tours are not our core business therefore I can't justify the investment.

@lilnitsch - I will raise the monopod approx 6 inches in the future and gauge the look of it, I know there are many variables though I do want a "baseline" and IMO the door knob height suggestion I've read a few places is just a bit too low. Maybe closer to eye level?

@DanSmigrod - The camera and monopod/tripod visible in any image is one of my pet peeves. I'll go to great lengths to remove both because IMO it detracts from the tour. I was strategic with the placement to prevent from being visible in the Matterport tour. I'm not so worried about the work flow time so if I spend an extra 5 minutes in Photoshop to remove both why not? The "black holes" in the dollhouse view is due to not enough scans?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@tmroberts

For height I like mid-torso approx 4'6" ~ this could vary dependent upon the home or space
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmroberts
The "black holes" in the dollhouse view is due to not enough scans?

@tmroberts

Yes.

Reminder that you can hide extra scans in Matterport Workshop. For clarification, You might have a second shoot where the camera is in front of the mirror to "see" the black spot where the other scan was taken. Then, hide that extra shot in Matterport Workshop.

When you hide a scan from "walking" it is still used to construct the Dollhouse.

Clear as mud?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tmroberts

What's your core business? When do you plan to offer Matterport?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
What's your core business? When do you plan to offer Matterport?

If memory serves correctly @tmroberts is an agent shooting his own tours
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
@tmroberts

For height I like mid-torso approx 4'6" ~ this could vary dependent upon the home or space

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tmroberts
I have little experience with Matterport thought I'd give it a try. I used the Theta Z1 with the monopod at 53" to the top of the camera. I did learn I needed many more scans with Matterport vs the others and the battery life of the Z1 is short lived. The battery was fully charged when I started and approx 70% after this 2111 sq ft house.

I like the 53 includes - likely 52 inches to the lens - in this tour because I can "walk" straight without constantly changing the view to look down.

This height actually feels "normal" even though I am 70" tall.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Here is one of my recent shoots as an example of what I use for camera height

Typically , I would have liked to get at least a 360 view of the front and the garage but, the dog was in the garage and a lot of the neighboring homes were rentals so, it looked like a parking lot

Post 12 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch yes I am an agent though this isn't one of my listings. It's a friends I wanted to test shoot using a few different tour providers. I usually start outside as I did with this one, same house, different provider

https://livetour.istaging.com/936fc301-6cba-489a-903f-d09119e510e0?autorotate=false&panobar=false

though the day I did the matterport it was a bid cloudy.

@DanSmigrod I like Matterport for use with Oculus headsets, it really is an immersive experience though unsure if I will for all of my listings. There is a steep learning curve it seems.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@tmroberts

on your iStaging tour I would connect the Master bedroom and the front bedroom to that hallway scan

Since your in the States I would strongly suggest playing with the Zillow 3D home tour as well ~ Zillow is where a lot of consumers start their home search and Zillow does boost listings that have a Zillow 3D home tour

This is the Zillow variant on that Springfield listing:

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/3ecc0435-fa51-4b1c-a8c5-d8de576f6ecd?setAttribution=mls
Post 14 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch here's the Zillow tour.

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/d3e8bac8-cbd2-498f-9ca7-34e82210c4c9?setAttribution=mls

thanks for the suggestion I will connect those bedrooms to the hallway.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@tmroberts

This is my overall process on creating a Zillow 3D home tour if helpful

Post 16 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch thanks for sharing the videos! A LOT of very useful information.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101429 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?