Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQPlatformsVersus

Which is the best virtual tour platform?13232

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Which is the best virtual tour platform?

I get this question a lot. (It usually begins with quick question.)

For example, today (Monday, 5 October 2020) I received this email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redacted
There is so much info on your fantastic forum, but I wonder if I may ask you a quick question to help me make the right choice of software.

I LOVE the Matterport 'walkthrough'

It just looks awesome!!

The other softwares all seem to jump to rooms.

Is Matterport the best for this, or are there others that offer this amazing feature?

Kind regards
[redacted]

Looking forward to learning, and one day contributing :o)

Here's how I would rephrase the question and then answer it.

Which is the best virtual tour platform for me?

Hello [redacted],

Which is the best virtual tour platform for you depends on more about you and your clients/your prospects than about the virtual tour platform.

To answer your question, it would be helpful to know answers to questions like these:

1. Are you a professional real estate photographer looking for a platform that leverages this skill level?
2. Are your clients requesting Matterport (or using Matterport as a generic to ask for virtual tours)?
3. Do you want to use DSLR shot 360s?
4. Is your existing photography pricing like a budget hotel or a full-service hotel?
5. Do your clients need the scan data (e.g. Matterport MatterPak) or just the virtual tour?
6. Do you need a platform that creates the tour for you?
7. Do you need a platform that lets you change the linking of the 360s?
8. Do you a virtual tour platform that offer floor plans?
9. Do you need to be able to export 2D photos from the tour?
10. Is your "sweet spot" residential listings? Architects? General Contractors? Other? (which?)
11. Is your "sweet spot" residential listings?
12. Is your "sweet spot" architects?
13. Is your "sweet spot" general contractors?
14. Is your "sweet spot" shooting 50,000 SQ FT or more?
15. If you are not a professional real estate photographer, what is your level of real estate photography skills?
16 your "sweet spot" shooting with a DSLR camera?
17. Before deciding on which platform, could you succeed faster by buying the course, Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont? (Use this link and Save 15 percent with coupon coded: WGANVTP)
18. Before deciding if you want to begin offering virtual tours for real estate agents, could you succeed faster by buying Real Estate Photographer Pro course by Eli Jones? (Save 70 percent when you use this WGAN Affiliate Link) (Watch this Webinar - using this WGAN Affiliate link - to save 70 percent) No coupon code necessary.
19. Are you seeking virtual tours that can be shot in less than 15 minutes for up to 3,000 SQ FT and the post production workflow is super-simple for a non-DSLR photographer?
20. Do you need a white-label virtual tour platform?
21. Do you need video chat and virtual open house within the virtual tours natively?
22. Do you need video chat and virtual open house within the virtual tours natively or via 3rd Party?
23. Do you already own a 360 camera? Which one?
24. How much are you willing to invest in a camera and related gear?
25. Are you okay with paying a monthly or annual subscription?
26. Do you prefer paying per tour (without a subscription)?
27. Do you need a free platform?
28. Do you prefer paying one time for the tour software with unlimited tour creation? (You provide the hosting.)
29. Are you an artist?
Are you a business person?
30. To help differentiate your services, are you okay with a steep learning curve?
31. Seamlessly publish to be able to publish to Zillow 3D Home?
32. Seamlessly publish to Realtor.com?
33. Seamlessly publish to Google Street View?
34. Seamlessly publish to Airbnb?
35. Ricoh Theta Z1 compatible?
36. Insta360 One X compatible?
37. Do you want seamless integration of editing of 360 images?
38. Do you want seamless integration of buying virtual staging?

What other questions would you add to help decide which platform is "right for me"?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Please see my Google Sheet: Which 3D/360 virtual tour platform is right for me?
(After 31 October 2020, this Google Sheet accessible only by WGAN Forum Members (Free! Join Here!).

Any corrections? Any clarifications that I should add?

Note: there are 150+ 3D/360 virtual tour platforms/software. I included a portion of these in the chart above.
Post 1 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
Great questions. Here are my answers and observations:

1. Are you a professional real estate photographer looking for a platform that leverages this skill level? YES
2. Are your clients requesting Matterport (or using Matterport as a generic to ask for virtual tours)? I have never had any one ask. I have begun to offer now that I have a Z1. All my clients knew I did Google 360's. (My price point started at $500 on those). Probably did less than 5 of those last year for Real Estate clients.
3. Do you want to use DSLR shot 360s? Used to. Not anymore.
4. Is your existing photography pricing like a budget hotel or a full-service hotel? 20% Higher than services. More like speciality hotel. I don't do Video walkthroughs. Too much editing time for me.
5. Do your clients need the scan data (e.g. Matterport MatterPak) or just the virtual tour? No.
6. Do you need a platform that creates the tour for you? No.
7. Do you need a platform that lets you change the linking of the 360s? Yes.
8. Do you a need virtual tour platform that offer floor plans? Nice to have.
9. Do you need to be able to export 2D photos from the tour? No.
10. Is your "sweet spot" residential listings? Architects? General Contractors? Other? (which?)
11. Is your "sweet spot" residential listings? Mostly shoot for Realtors and Beer and Whiskey companies.
12. Is your "sweet spot" architects?
13. Is your "sweet spot" general contractors?
14. Is your "sweet spot" shooting 50,000 SQ FT or more?
15. If you are not a professional real estate photographer, what is your level of real estate photography skills?
16 your "sweet spot" shooting with a DSLR camera? I shoot Fuji Mirrorless. All my photography now is on Fuji's. Musicians, Weddings, Real Estate, Head Shots etc.
17. Before deciding on which platform, could you succeed faster by buying the course, Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont? (Use this link and Save 15 percent with coupon coded: WGANVTP) One could always learn by others. Either what to do or what not to do.
18. Before deciding if you want to begin offering virtual tours for real estate agents, could you succeed faster by buying Real Estate Photographer Pro course by Eli Jones? (Save 70 percent when you use this WGAN Affiliate Link) (Watch this Webinar - using this WGAN Affiliate link - to save 70 percent) No coupon code necessary. Same as above.
19. Are you seeking virtual tours that can be shot in less than 15 minutes for up to 3,000 SQ FT and the post production workflow is super-simple for a non-DSLR photographer? 30-45 mins.
20. Do you need a white-label virtual tour platform? Not a deal breaker.
21. Do you need video chat and virtual open house within the virtual tours natively? Yes.
22. Do you need video chat and virtual open house within the virtual tours natively or via 3rd Party? Open.
23. Do you already own a 360 camera? Which one? Z1.
24. How much are you willing to invest in a camera and related gear? I will invest every time when necessary. I am an early adopter.
25. Are you okay with paying a monthly or annual subscription? Either.
26. Do you prefer paying per tour (without a subscription)? No preference.
27. Do you need a free platform? No.
28. Do you prefer paying one time for the tour software with unlimited tour creation? (You provide the hosting.) No preference.
29. Are you an artist?
Are you a business person? Business person.
30. To help differentiate your services, are you okay with a steep learning curve? I learn every day. My attention do detail and relationships are my keys to success.
31. Seamlessly publish to be able to publish to Zillow 3D Home? Yes. Already do that.
32. Seamlessly publish to Realtor.com? Nice to have.
33. Seamlessly publish to Google Street View? Yes.
34. Seamlessly publish to Airbnb? Yes.
35. Ricoh Theta Z1 compatible? Have one.
36. Insta360 One X compatible?
37. Do you want seamless integration of editing of 360 images? Nice to have as a backup.
38. Do you want seamless integration of buying virtual staging? If affordable.

The doll house is a must for me. I didn't see that. Only saw floor plans.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 2 IP   flag post
101432 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?