Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanIndustryTipsVideo

Demand for video tours13104

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Do you see a high demand for walkthrough videos? This is the one service I am not offering. I create a slideshow video with my still photos, but I was wondering if I might be losing some potential clients without offering actual video. What are your thoughts? How much do you charge to add on a video? Is it worth your time, shooting and editing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I use video fly through in all my 3D with Matterport. Just add &ts=0 at the end so realtors can put it into there MLS. Here is an example:https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=N4wmbgHdBds&ts=0. It's always been included in my 3D pricing. Only takes about 15 minutes to make if that.

Hope it helps.

Skeeter
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@8643d Interesting that you mention using slideshows. I came across an Inman article yesterday from the Inman feed (get a free 90-Day subscription using Dan's referral link and he gets $20 I think...) Here is the section in the article, "Doing virtual tours? 10 things you should (and shouldn’t) do". It's an opinion piece so not the last word on this. I personally think a simple walk-through video gives a better layout of the house than photos, though great photos capture better views of individual rooms.

2. Don’t make a video slideshow of your property photos

When agents take the same photos from their property listing and auto-generate a boring slideshow video, it’s annoying. I know that many agents will yell out “amen!” when they read this section because it comes up often in industry Facebook groups.

Boring virtual tours train consumers to believe that the content behind the link might not be worth pursuing. When a home buyer clicks on multiple virtual tour buttons and repeatedly finds boring content, at some point, they tend to ignore these links altogether. This works against the entire real estate industry. I wish all MLSs would ban this behavior!

If you’re listing a home and don’t have unique content to add to the virtual tour that’s not already in the MLS listing, don’t bother adding any link. Having no virtual tour is better than having a separate web page with no additional information.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
@Dataventurer This makes sense, why would someone want to watch a video of the photos they just clicked through? Thank you for your input.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Dataventurer - I think I was reading a piece similar to that a couple weeks ago. Talking about not turning the sound on when publishing your video. People having to find the mute button on a page will make them close the page all together as a faster way of getting the audio to stop.

@8643d - How are your drone skills working out? Seems like everyone who orders a video expects drone footage to be included. 2020 appears to be the year of schooling for the recently laid off. Are one of these Arts of Shooting Real Estate Video course catching your eye? They got me and I never finished it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@Skeeter That fly-through looks GREAT! Will that &ts=0 switch work for other tour platforms??? I don't "do Matterport" but automating a tour would be an amazing feature! Thank you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
@8643d
I always make walkthrough videos, this video is not related to real estate, it was challenging to scan and I wanted to share it with you all
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
looks great... how did you do this video?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@thereal360
First build the walkthrough, record your screen, take it to a video editing software cut, trim, increase speed, add logo overlay, music, intro etc as necessary
Just make it faster when moving from one scan to another if longer than 3sec.

Alternatively you can hire me 🤣 @mp2edit

Have a good weekend
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
So these are done with recording your screen? Interesting... How do you navigate the tour without seeing the mouse or similar?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@thereal360
You need a bigger screen just record part of it, move the mouse outside the recording area
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I think there's a fortune ready to be made in this whole process of real estate video. Nobody's done it right and everyone's still trying to figure it out and I'm with you that I definitely got to get into this.

That's why I just purchased my Osmo three, and my pixel 4A fits perfect in it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@tresdepro pano2vr?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@GETMYVR
What do you mean? For video?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Basic
Virginia Beach, Virginia
carloscardo private msg quote post Address this user
Here is another video of a 3D VR Tour also including a small amount of local venues
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that "slideshow videos" which some older agents still refer to as 'virtual tours' are boring, redundant, and make an agent look WAY behind the times. Virtual tours, whether Matterport 3D, GeoCV 3D, NodalView, EyeSpy360 or 3DVista (and others) are what Buyers are looking for today.

We talk about agents and brokers a lot because they pay for media (photos, videos, virtual tours) but let's never forget that the Customer in real estate is the Buyer. What is the buyer looking for? They want a quick and easy way to experience a home BEFORE jumping in the car, spending an hour listening to an agent's pitch and seeing the place in person.

We have three quality ways to present homes. Professional HDR photography (not stills pulled from Matterport), professional virtual tours (including all the options in 3D/360°) and professional video (traditional filmmaking). Each of these has its purpose and unique value.

Stills are a basic requirement for the MLS, brochures, postcards, and online. Virtual tours provide buyers with the closest experience to actually walking through the home, they're fabulous and buyers LOVE them. Videos offer an emotional presentation of a property which neither of the other two can match. Create a professional video with walkthrough shots, aerial drone landscapes, music and sound effects, and, well, photos and virtual tours are dull by comparison.

Most of my work is for high-end homes, average price $2-3M I've marketed homes as low as $500K and up to $25M. My clients that really believe in marketing often ask me to create all three medias because they understand that each brings a completely different appeal to the property. Of the three, I charge most for video as doing it well involves the greatest time and labor. Among my clients, the interest in this three-pronged marketing has less to do with the price of the listing than the mindset of the agent. I've been asked to provide all three for small condos and very expensive homes, by agents that simply want to serve their sellers at a paramount level.

Here are a few examples of properties with all three media. Note: See what carefully mixing in sound effects does for all three videos.

850 sf Malibu beach house
clickable text

5,200 sf vineyard estate in western Los Angeles county
clickable text

8,000 sf estate in Hidden Hills gated equestrian community
clickable text
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?