Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bubble LevelRDResearchTosolini ProductionsTraining

[R&D] Tugboat Onboarding - An immersive Skill Training 360 prototype13064

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

This online prototype is a mash-up of the #nocode authoring tool http://bubble.io and MP. The goal was to explore the use of immersive media as part of a skill training experience driven by content stored in a database. The Web UI deep links to different parts of the tour. No SDK or else is needed. Deep links can be revealed by pressing U in a tour.

All media featured in this demo does not reflect real e-Learning material.
Special thanks to Jan Utterstrom, Alessandro Franceschinis and Ocean Srl.

In case you are curious, here is the 3D tour of the tugboat.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
You are amazing! I am so motivated by your imagination and implementation of this technology! Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@lizzg Thanks for the kind words. It's a pleasure to share new ideas with this community.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Lambda_Photography private msg quote post Address this user
that's very nice. I used to work in a shipyard, so am basically a vessel-nerd.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Baller!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

You had me at Matterport scan of a tugboat. How cool is that! And, annotative.

Very cool!

I understand that you can walk around and watch videos - learning.

Is there a testing module that I missed? I am confused about the Bubble platform in this use case?

Thanks in advance.

And, as always, thanks for sharing your amazing Matterport mashups with the WGAN Community.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod The role of Bubble in this demo was to create the UI and interactivity around the rich media content (MP, images and videos). For me it was an exercise of web development without knowing Javascript, HTML and CSS. Each of the menu items is database driven (behind the scenes). If I need to update a MP link or a description, I edit a database record and don't touch the UI. Kind of a Wordpress wrapper, just built with Bubble.

Here is the link to the actual module:
https://skilltraining360.bubbleapps.io/

The experience is NOT mobile ready. I didn't put the time to make it responsive nor optimize it for performance, since that wasn't my goal. I also can't promise the link will stay live for too long, since I may change things around. And I haven't tested it outside my PC / iPad. But give it a try.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Ah! Thanks!

Very cool! Sweet that a non-coder can use this tool.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the re-post @DanSmigrod. This is fascinating.

@Tosolini, incredible outdoor scan of the tugboat (the entire scan and walk through is beautiful). It looks like you waited until the golden hour or did it right after sunrise. So, that I get. What was your secret to getting this entire outdoor scan done so cleanly? Many scans in short distances?

Thanks,
Todd
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@toddwaddington Thanks! No special secret for the external scan, other than I waited for the sunset and scanned at shorter distances. So I started inside and moved outside last. I also used a Pro1 in this case.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@Tosolini, great. Pro1 did a fine job! I haven't scanned outside (other than doorways, etc.) but I've heard that shorter distances and not direct sunlight is the secret.

If you don't mind my asking, how long did the entire scan take? Also, is trimming an outdoor space any different from indoor? Just follow the edges of the boat?

Thanks!

Todd
Post 11 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@toddwaddington The entire scan took ~3h. As per the trimming, it was just the normal trim tool around the edges of the boat. Nothing to trim when I scanned inside the boat as there were no windows. When outside, you need to give MP something to hang on within short distance, or it'll get lost easily. Thus the shorter distances that you can disable later in Workshop.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@Tosolini, got it. Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini - You are doing the most incredible work. I think I'm going to make a habit of going to the Forum and then just filtering for anything you have posted. It's like going to graduate school.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@home3d Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. My Youtube channel has lots of interesting experiments, although I make a habit to post them on this forum too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
roballoba private msg quote post Address this user
awesome!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini Hi Paolo, this is really a very good idea. Now we only need deeplinks for GeoCV

Do you have a kind of template for Bubble. I would like to try it but don´t know how to begin in bubble. I think you are using MP deeplinks and if you click in menue the MP tour opens new with every click, is that correct?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@3dblickwinkel The Bubble demo was an experiment and I'm not sure how much of a template it can be. The goal was to create a database of deep links, leveraging the same iFrame and just swapping URLs.

Bubble has a learning curve, despite the claims that is no-code and easy to use. I'm playing with other tools and see if there is an easier way to templatize a similar experience.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
@tosolini Thanks for your answer. I will play a little with my programmerMaybe there is a way to built it easy in WP. If I find a kind of solution I´ll let you know.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
3dblickwinkel I'm not a WordPress expert, but I'm hearing Elementor is a cool add-on - https://elementor.com/
Post 20 IP   flag post
101429 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?