Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real EstateRicoh Theta Z1

Real Estate shoot using Asteroom12959

PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
Over the weekend I was able to photograph a nice horse farm and house. I used the opportunity to try the Theta Z1 and Asteroom on a real shoot.

Link to the tour.

Link to edited images. (not the agent site - just where I store them)

https://pickchuck.smugmug.com/Real-Estate/Carissa-Poindexter/1642-Lawrence-Lane-Springfield-TN-37172

I used Gigapixel and 2x, sharpen and De noise the pano's and then made them into 20 meg files as that is what Asteroom needs. They appear a tiny bit sharper to me than the files directly from the Theta.

My stills are HDR and using infused as a plugin. +2, 0, -2, -4.

Hope this helps someone,
Chuck
Post 1 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing Chuck! Next time if you use the address as the name of the tour, we can put the correct address on the floor plan : )

Dimension too! If you input the height of your tripod, we can calculate the dimension.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Will do sir. I am learning and enjoying the product. It really is amazing.

I did say somewhere (might have been an email) the tripod height is 57".

I have another one to do tomorrow

Keep up the good work,

Chuck
Post 3 IP   flag post
San Francisco
my team probably missed that, but you can put in the tripod height yourself in the app: )
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck @EricTsai how does one determine which amount of landscaping is seen in the doll house? How many panos required to capture this example exterior?

Thanks
Post 5 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@GETMYVR

usually one is enough as long as there is a line of sight. the boundary for exterior is usually set from the home to the neighbors home
Post 6 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
Did you shoot a MP tour of the same location? I am wondering about the windows being blown out while using HDR. This is not a criticism, as there is no way to judge the DR without something to compare it to. I haven't used my Z1 yet. I was hoping to use it for quick tours without a lot of post.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I do not own a Matterport camera. Prior to getting the Z1 I shot 360's with either a DSLR or mirrorless camera with a three or more bracket with 2 stop and did post in PTgui.

I had almost quit doing 360's for homes due to the time involved. Asteroom and the Z1 has breathed new life into my 360's.

Since the Z1 I have added it to each and every one of my Real Estate shoots. Also, going through the Zillow steps for certification to do them for my clients. I see this as a "Big deal".

Here are my observations. Take them as a grain of salt I am an ESTJ so if offend I don't mean to.

1. Quit pixel peeping and go out sell and shoot. Most of your work will be viewed on mobile devices. Even on a computer they all look fine.

2. My goal is to minimize my time on site and maximize my profits.

3. To homefinders3d - If you have a MP and a Z1 why ask me? Compare them yourself. The more you shoot the more you will find little things that will make you better and faster. If you don't have a MP then use the Z1 to make money. If you are unhappy with the results then use that money to by a MP. Don't let anything stop you from your goals.

4. I don't find the window blowout distracting. Strange but true, I once shot for a realtor that asked me to have the window bright like sun was streaming in. Personally I would like them to be more natural and I could bring some LED lights and use the Dual Fisheye Plugin with a 7 stop bracket. Again, it's a ROI decision.

5. If one does use the Dual Fisheye plugin you can not preview the image and will have to do post processing. Currently using the built HDR with the Z1.

6. There is a bracketing mode in the Z1 and I have used it on test shots.The next time have a house with a lockbox and no realtor with me. I'll make a few passes and see if that might be a good way to do it. This again will add post processing. I shoot and my realtors want to go live the next day.

7. I am going to see if can "ring" my next house so there is landscaping all the way around. From what I am learning from Eric, as long as there is line of site that will work.

8. Careful to not over shoot. I am making that mistake. Eric recommends one shot per room and line of site. (Eric, if I am wrong please correct).

I just went and looked at my stills and the static panos with the Z1's in camera HDR. They looked pretty similar to me.

https://pickchuck.smugmug.com/Real-Estate/Carissa-Poindexter/1642-Lawrence-Lane-Springfield-TN-37172

Without doing window pulls or bringing up the entire interior light level, does anyone have any magic that can do perfect windows?

Like Forest Gump says: "Thats all I got to say about that".

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 8 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck No offense taken. My experience when using HDR (Photomatix or LR) is windows not being fully blown out. It is kind of the idea behind HDR: High Dynamic Range LOL.

You make a very important point: most tours are viewed on mobile devices.

I also agree that you can make money with a Z-1. I'd go a step further and state that in most RE cases, an Insta360 One X or Theta SC will suffice.

I make those observations from a Realtors® perspective. For a lot of agents, the tour is ticking a box and some don't even "walk thru" the tour provided.

Both you and Dan have mentioned using the built-in HDR etc.. to save time (little or no post processing). That is why I sent my Qoocam 8k back.

I don't want a one-touch 360 camera that I have to perform a bunch of post processing to get an acceptable result. I do need to break my Z-1 out and try it.

I am also going to try Asteroom. Again, I wasn't critiquing your tour, it was more of a question about how effective the Ricoh HDR is.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@homefindersd I would be very interested in anything quicker and better for my stills and 360's that will do a better job for windows. Please pm me some of you tours. Always learning.

Everything in life and photography is a compromise. I can produce architectural digest quality but not in 1 hour shooting time and 1/2 hour editing time.

I never had good luck Photomatrix. It looked too artificial to me. It's been several years so it might be better. I use infuse as a plugin with only 4 RAW images. N, +2, -2, -4. I also use LR occasionally but need to use a 7 2 stop bracket. Still my main goal is ROI, sellable and speed.

On the Z1 front, I see it as a selling point with being able to do Zillow tours. Becoming a Zillow photographer as we speak. I would recommend it to all Z1 users.

I think the Ricoh HDR is doing a passable job. Using the manual mode in camera bracketing would do better but again post processing your self will be necessary or let Asteroom do it would be the way to go. That actually might be the solution. Higher quality and outsourcing the post. Dan has really gotten us a good deal. My only sticking point is I am using Gigapixel to sharpen and De noise and it appears to me to make a slight difference. I might be too critical on this point as again phones are viewing the images.

I don't see anything below the Z1 as good enough quality that we except in our brains. Not saying the general public will ever notice.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PickChuck
Dan has really gotten us a good deal.

Thanks @PickChuck

For others that may not have seen this:

WGAN Basic, Standard & Premium Members: 11 Ricoh Theta Z1 Cameras Available

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101749 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?